How accurate are these comparisons + Which GPA is considered + My chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seannlim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I had a few questions and was wondering if you guys could help me!

First, how accurate is OSU's comparisons on this site? http://www.dent.osu.edu/admissions/compare.php

They list the averages of entering classes but I'm not sure if I should use that to judge my chances.

Second, From the list I will provide below, which of the schools look at GPA including +-, and which ones look at it without?

My GPA including +- is
BCP 3.39
Science GPA 3.47
Non-science 3.97
Overall 3.61

My GPA without +- is BCP 3.33
Science GPA 3.38
Non-science 3.78
Overall 3.50

Please note that I am a Canadian applicant, I have 100 hours shadowing, 1400+ hours of Extra Curricular/volunteer/community work, 2000 hours work experience, and 120 hours research experience. I am entering my fourth year of undergrad and plan to graduate in April 2012 before matriculation.

My Canada DAT scores are:

RC 20
BIO 19
CHEM 24
TS 21
AA 21
PAT 21
CARVING 22

My list of schools are:

Loma Linda University
University of the Pacific
Nova Southeastern
University of Kentucky
Tufts
Boston University
University of Michigan
University of North Carolina
NYU
Columbia
Ohio State University
Case
University of Pennsylvania
Temple
Marquette

Should I add USC to the list? I really want to make it in this year after already investing so much money. USC is crazy expensive though...

This whole time, I honestly thought that the average included +-, but I've heard other things and now I'm scared that my stats are too low. Any advice would help. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I had a few questions and was wondering if you guys could help me!

First, how accurate is OSU's comparisons on this site? http://www.dent.osu.edu/admissions/compare.php The list seems accurate to me.

They list the averages of entering classes but I'm not sure if I should use that to judge my chances.

Second, From the list I will provide below, which of the schools look at GPA including +-, and which ones look at it without? Don't quote me on this, but I think schools look at both GPAs.

My GPA including +- is
BCP 3.39
Science GPA 3.47
Non-science 3.97
Overall 3.61

My GPA without +- is BCP 3.33
Science GPA 3.38
Non-science 3.78
Overall 3.50

Please note that I am a Canadian applicant, I have 100 hours shadowing, 1400+ hours of Extra Curricular/volunteer/community work, 2000 hours work experience, and 120 hours research experience. I am entering my fourth year of undergrad and plan to graduate in April 2012 before matriculation.

My Canada DAT scores are:

RC 20
BIO 19
CHEM 24
TS 21
AA 21
PAT 21
CARVING 22

My list of schools are:

Loma Linda University
University of the Pacific
Nova Southeastern
University of Kentucky
Tufts
Boston University
University of Michigan
University of North Carolina
NYU
Columbia
Ohio State University
Case
University of Pennsylvania
Temple
Marquette

Take out the schools in red.

Should I add USC to the list? (That sounds like a good idea.) I really want to make it in this year after already investing so much money. USC is crazy expensive though...

This whole time, I honestly thought that the average included +-, but I've heard other things and now I'm scared that my stats are too low. Any advice would help. Thanks.
See above.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you DoeAdeer. Is it because they are not Canadian-friendly, or because my grades are too low?

Any other schools that I should consider?