How accurate is this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Encrypted

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.studentdoc.com/medfind.html

I found it on Google and I know there are other factors into the process, but this just tells us if our scores are competitive enough for that school.

So how accurate is this?

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I dont think it is very accurate...It just gives you an idea of how their students performed in the past...Schools have a baseline numbers system where they grade each individual for certain parts of their application and then weight it apporpriately by multiplying that number by how much they value each part of that persons app...This thing is all about the numbers instead of EC's, personal statements, and personal circumstances.

It will actually give you a pretty decent idea, but don't look for it to be a perfect indicator.

Members don't see this ad :)
They might give you some relative picture of where you stand, but bars from consideration different things that stand out in your application that vary from school to school that each may emphasize. For example, if you have significant research with several publications, but lower numbers, you may still have a shot that the link you provided may not account for.

The sample for MDapps is so biased. You would be better off looking at the MSAR/US News data, and seeing how you fit in statistically.

http://www.studentdoc.com/medfind.html

I found it on Google and I know there are other factors into the process, but this just tells us if our scores are competitive enough for that school.

So how accurate is this?

it gives you a scope. but i would not apply solely based on this. In fact, if I used that website I would have never applied to UVM...

Here is how accurate it is:

UCSD => -2.78 (received interview)
UC Davis => .07 (didn't even receive a secondary)

Does that give you a good idea of how accurate it is? :laugh: ;)

Not Accurate