How are the AAMC practice exams good indicators?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ATM92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! From what I have been reading on this thread and reddit is that the actual MCAT is more difficult than the practice exams, so how is it that that the practice exams are good indicators for what our actual score is going to be like? From what I heard, the bio and biochem section for the April 23rd exam was substantially harder that the scored practice exam, so how are these exams an indicator at all? Also, after reading very dense and convoluted passages, do you guys feel like you've overlooked some information within the passage?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! From what I have been reading on this thread and reddit is that the actual MCAT is more difficult than the practice exams, so how is it that that the practice exams are good indicators for what our actual score is going to be like? From what I heard, the bio and biochem section for the April 23rd exam was substantially harder that the scored practice exam, so how are these exams an indicator at all? Also, after reading very dense and convoluted passages, do you guys feel like you've overlooked some information within the passage?
April 1st test takers get their scores back in 2 days. We are the first test takers since January, I think. We can provide some more feedback after we get our scores back.
In my version, I felt CARS and B/BS were fair and the C/P and P/S were more difficult and the P/S was the hardest for me.

Reactions: 1 user