how bad are withdraws?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xjoohn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
would withdrawing a class look worse than getting a B- or possibly even a c+ in the class?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Only if you have lots of W's. In the grand scheme of things, about 1 W per year seems to be alright.

Hmmm, I'd take a B- over a C+ over a withdrawal. I don't know how schools view this but too many withdraws can raises questions. On the same note, be prepared to explain why you had to withdraw from a particular class.

Members don't see this ad :)
i have one right now so this will be my second..

Easier to do the work the first time. I don't think W's are terrible but if you're passing, I wouldn't drop. Save the money and time and do better in your other classes. I had a couple of C's and still got into where I wanted to go. Good luck.

i have one right now so this will be my second..

not a big deal as long as you dont have 4 W's from the same exact class.

A few W's never hurt anyone..

You should probably take into account if you can afford to get this B- or C+. If your transcript is littered with C's, you might wanna take that W, but then again would that really be helping you? Take the W only if you feel your circumstances will allow you to retake and get the highest grade possible. As stated above, I'd probably just take the B- or C+ and do well in another class to offset it gpa wise. You've obviously calculated that there is a way to get it done, so handle that :thumbup:

Not that bad because I had like 7 of them and still got accepted.

I withdrew from Physics 1 at a university and am planning on retaking it at community college over the summer. Does this look bad because I am retaking the course at a different institution?

don't trip. you're saving money from not being at the uni over the summer.