How bad does 1 W look on your transcript?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cobe3mat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi so I signed up for biol 355 this summer quarter. But after 3 weeks in I realized I'm not that interested in this class and will not learn much or do well. So I dropped the class on my transcript it will say W3 (3=week dropped). How bad does it look to have one W? For the past two years I have been getting 3.5 and above every quarter except for one 4.42 for one quarter. My grade before then is not so good but I have always kept my cumulative over 3.0

Members don't see this ad.

I actually had lots of Ws from early college (my first few years were covered by scholarships, so I worried less about the cost of dropping classes and more about my GPA); nobody ever asked me about them when applying to pharmacy school. I wouldn't worry about one W.

As long as you can explain it. I have 4 W's so 1 is not bad at all. Dont worry about it mate. My grades in those classes that I dropped were good though. You shouldn't drop it and get a C the next time you take it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the rest, don't worry. I have a few stemming from overloading semesters.

They have no idea why you could have dropped that class, too many circumstances for them to even ask. If they do ask, just explain and be honest, no big deal here.

Some schools give WF (while failing) those are the bad ones. Basically shows instead of trying to improve you gave up.

Hi so I signed up for biol 355 this summer quarter. But after 3 weeks in I realized I'm not that interested in this class and will not learn much or do well. So I dropped the class on my transcript it will say W3 (3=week dropped). How bad does it look to have one W? For the past two years I have been getting 3.5 and above every quarter except for one 4.42 for one quarter. My grade before then is not so good but I have always kept my cumulative over 3.0

No need to worry about one W nor having to explain on your application/supplemental.

None of the admissions committee that I encountered asked me about it.