How bad is a bad first year if you can totally ace the next 3?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bargsachs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I failed gen chem, didn't do well in calculus, and just had an utterly miserable freshman year but was able to redeem myself will I be okay?

Like if I retook gen chem and got an A and got mostly As for the next 3 years and did well on the MCAT?

and had good extracurriculars and did some research?

I just don't think I was at all ready for college at the time. I also have ADHD so I started seeing a coach after freshman year.

Members don't see this ad.

If I failed gen chem, didn't do well in calculus, and just had an utterly miserable freshman year but was able to redeem myself will I be okay?

Like if I retook gen chem and got an A and got mostly As for the next 3 years and did well on the MCAT?

and had good extracurriculars and did some research?

I just don't think I was at all ready for college at the time. I also have ADHD so I started seeing a coach after freshman year.
We've seen SDNers with multiple Fs on their record get accepted to MD and/or DO med schools. It's not too late if you can turn things around now.

Reactions: 1 user
Kill it from here on out and it'll be sweet sweet redemption.

Members don't see this ad :)
You will have to change your behavior, in order to influence future grades. The same behavior will yield the same results.

You can recover. No point dwelling on the past, all you can do is learn from your mistakes and do better. I have 1.5 years of pretty much straight F's with a D here and there. Learned my lesson and recovered. Doesn't mean your past performance won't be a hindrance, but it's doable.