How bad is my situation??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sujeans

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm applying for pharmacy school and my undergrad gpa was a 2.9 and my PCAT score that I got this July is a 52%. I have been a certified pharmacy tech at a retail chain for 3 years now. Do you think I can get in? My first choice school requires a 50 percentile and at least a 2.5 gpa.

Also I plan on getting my LORs for pharmacists that Ive worked with and none from professors because honestly I never talked to professors outside of class and if I did I got like a C+/ C in their class. Will that deter schools from picking me?

PLEASE HELP!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i will definitely retake pcat and aim for 80+

Reactions: 1 users
i will definitely retake pcat and aim for 80+

Second that.

Also keep in mind that most if not all schools require 1 or 2 LORs from your college peofessors. So take and/or retake some courses to bring your GPA up and get some new LORs.

Hey all,
I'm applying for pharmacy school and my undergrad gpa was a 2.9 and my PCAT score that I got this July is a 52%. I have been a certified pharmacy tech at a retail chain for 3 years now. Do you think I can get in? My first choice school requires a 50 percentile and at least a 2.5 gpa.

Also I plan on getting my LORs for pharmacists that Ive worked with and none from professors because honestly I never talked to professors outside of class and if I did I got like a C+/ C in their class. Will that deter schools from picking me?

PLEASE HELP!!

most schools have a cutoff at 2.75 and some at 3.0. call the school to find out