How bad will another W look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocMcMommy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'll try and make this brief. Try.

Six-ish years ago I tried two semesters, a year apart, that didn't work out. I withdrew from 6 classes total. Then, two-ish years ago I got my crap together and went back to school and have been doing relatively well.

However, I really wanted to get a minor in Chemistry and I needed one extra Chemistry class in order to do this. So I'm taking 18 credit hours and two of the courses are Analytical Chemistry and Ochem 2. I did super freaking well in Ochem 1 and was really shocked because I just did horribly on my first Ochem 2 test. Which, was really was a surprise to me because I did well on the pre-test and I felt good about it leaving, but w/e.

Anyway, Ochem 2 is necessary and I need to do well. I'm worried about Analytical chem and I don't think I should be splitting my time between the two classes right now... It really hurts my pride to say I should let go of my Chem minor, because I really wanted it (even though I know in the big scheme of things it won't make or break me in anything later on), but I just don't want to mess things up again. Will taking a W in Analytical, which isn't even necessary for my degree, but after all those others back when I didn't know what I was doing with life, be a really bad thing???

Members don't see this ad.

It will look worse than having one less W.

Your original Ws will look like one event and if you've gotten a good GPA since then it will show whatever was going on is no longer an issue. This new W will just look like a normal, run of the mill W. Just be prepared to address both on the interview trail