How badly did I hurt my chances with a BS/MD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trilby

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just heard from my friend that the AADSAS asks if you've applied to a health professions school before. The problem is that I applied and was rejected from a BS/MD program earlier in college.

I'll probably need to include that right? Is this going to significantly hurt my candidacy or would I be able to explain? (I hadn't considered predent back then).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I just heard from my friend that the AADSAS asks if you've applied to a health professions school before. The problem is that I applied and was rejected from a BS/MD program back when I was applying to college.

I'll probably need to include that right? Is this going to significantly hurt my candidacy or would I be able to explain? (I hadn't considered predent back then).

Lucky for you, I don't think you have to put down BS/DM programs because it doesn't count. They are technically considered applying to a special track for undergraduates and you didn't have to take the MCAT or fill out the AMCAS.

Plus, I haven't really seen evidence that shows that people who have applied to medical school before being disfavored by dental schools.