how can I improve my speed ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BOOKSLOVER

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know often well the answers of the Qs in UW qbank. when I get it in time mode, I get in avarage 50 and miss 5-6 q in each block, but in off time my scores in 70. need advise.

Members don't see this ad.

Yikes! You really need to practice more, and like kip says, thinks faster! Hell, read faster! Time wasn't a problem for me when I was doing UW questions, but on the exam I got the 5 min warning on each block! It scared the crap out of me! The questions are way longer on the real thing, so best be prepared!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the same problem. The issue is all of the extraneous stuff they throw in that doesn't matter. At first I was carefully reading the whole thing and then looking at the actual question. That is a mistake. Scan the question and answer first, and that will DRAMATICALLY improve your speed because you will know what you are looking for and what isn't important. Sometimes you don't even need to look at all of the information or the images. Try it. I think you will agree.

I had the same problem. The issue is all of the extraneous stuff they throw in that doesn't matter. At first I was carefully reading the whole thing and then looking at the actual question. That is a mistake. Scan the question and answer first, and that will DRAMATICALLY improve your speed because you will know what you are looking for and what isn't important. Sometimes you don't even need to look at all of the information or the images. Try it. I think you will agree.

Scanning cuts both ways. Sometimes you can scan and get the answer easily. Other times you scan, don't know the answer, think WTF, and have to go back and reread which takes much more time than reading it the first time. It tends to be a wash on Step 3. The smartest move is to practice doing blocks of problems faster and faster. World questions are less time consuming than the real thing, so simply adjust down the time limits when practicing. If you can do a block of 40 questions in 35 minutes on World, you will have no problem on the real thing.