how can some people be so lost??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anxietypeaker

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
check out GavinC and Speter3's posts (i thought admins/mods here were somewhat knowledgable about this stuff). Let me know if i made any mistakes too. most stuff i say is stats which can be misleading. And i realize there is debate over how much a pod makes vs a family practice. personally i think the new ones which pms 36 make more eventually than even family pract MDs. BUT, i dont have any stats from it so i had to just use salary.com's which ranked them on par with dentists.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=3180739#post3180739

Members don't see this ad.

anxietypeaker said:
check out GavinC and Speter3's posts (i thought admins/mods here were somewhat knowledgable about this stuff).

Apparently, not all of them are very knowledgeable, but I wouldn't really expect a third-year dental student to know all that much about podiatry anyway. Of course his "holier than thou" attitude is a little disturbing. I don't think I'd want him working on my teeth, or any part of my body for that matter :laugh:

scpod said:
Apparently, not all of them are very knowledgeable, but I wouldn't really expect a third-year dental student to know all that much about podiatry anyway. Of course his "holier than thou" attitude is a little disturbing. I don't think I'd want him working on my teeth, or any part of my body for that matter :laugh:

Your holier-than-thou attitude isn't too shabby either. At least I didn't resort to taking personal jabs at others users, as you so kindly have done to me. My response came from years of reading threads posted here, where new grads complained about old pods running them out of business.

BTW, I'm glad to see the pod forum is gaining speed, it's always nice to watch SDN grow. Good luck with your studies/practices.

Members don't see this ad :)
ItsGavinC said:
At least I didn't resort to taking personal jabs at others users, as you so kindly have done to me.

Oh no...what about going back to the top of the thread when a fairly new poster asks a legitimate question and you said, "There are a PLETHORA of threads on this same topic, just do a search. People get tired of answering this question each and every week."

If that wasn't a personal attack it was just downright condescending. If you're really that tired of answering the question, then don't post at all. If you feel it is your job to be helpful, then find one of those "PLETHORA" of threads and lead him to it. Don't make him feel like an idiot for asking a question.

scpod said:
Oh no...what about going back to the top of the thread when a fairly new poster asks a legitimate question and you said, "There are a PLETHORA of threads on this same topic, just do a search. People get tired of answering this question each and every week."

If that wasn't a personal attack it was just downright condescending.

Like I said, it wasn't a personal attack, but yours was. Once again, good luck with your studies and practices.

ItsGavinC said:
Like I said, it wasn't a personal attack, but yours was. Once again, good luck with your studies and practices.

Let me first say that I also wish you good luck as well.

However, I fail to see where my comments about your post to another person could be a "personal attack". Now, if you were to suffer from Identiopathic Personality Disorder I might understand your beliefs. According to the DSMIV, "These individuals may interpret a lack of deference or directed difference of opinion to be a personal attack, and may quickly assume a combative and defensive stance." Remember, though, that this is only one of eight criteria. If the other seven criteria were to fit as well, there is still no need to worry, because there is medication available to help.

You, however, probably do not need to worry. I'm sure that you do not meet all of the criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.