How complicated is it to get a typo corrected in a previously submitted secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrh125

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wokeup at the crack of dawn to submit a secondary for my top school choice, but for one of my most important experiences on the secondary I wrote an incorrect starting date that was 3 years later than when I started participating in it. Is it possible to have something like that corrected by emailing the school's support team? With the later starting date my hours will make a lot less sense. If I do email them and have them correct it will it affect when admissions views my application?

Members don't see this ad.

I just contacted tech support and we'll see what happens..I guess. Hopefully this doesn't screw up the way admissions view my application, considering the right starting date is on my primary app.

Members don't see this ad :)
i wouldnt worry about it, typos happen. if adcoms realize the mistake i would assume checking the primary would be the first course of action

Reactions: 1 user
That just goes to show that waking up early can only lead to bad things.

Reactions: 1 users
i wouldnt worry about it, typos happen. if adcoms realize the mistake i would assume checking the primary would be the first course of action

thanks I appreciate it. :)
That just goes to show that waking up early can only lead to bad things.

haha, true that. I hate waking up early with a passion. I got up at 3am and was like "okay let's do this" and then crashed right afterwards. I'm lucky I didn't make anymore typos. I'm just thankful I went back to bed before I got sent 8 more secondaries today :D.

This is why it's better to not be overly neurotic and obsess about submitting secondaries within 5 minutes of receiving them. Calm down, take your time, double check what you're filling in and as long as you submit your secondary within the week (or even two!) you're ahead of the pack.

Reactions: 2 users
Please. Stop.

I know it's hard, but stop stressing out about this so much. You will make less mistakes and be much happier if you're not freaking out every single step of the way.

You're applying to medical school. If you've made it this far, you should be able to solve your own problems without having to consult the entirely of SDN for every little road bump you encounter along the way.

You will be eaten alive if this is how you approach medical school.

Reactions: 1 users
Some schools let you correct already-submitted secondaries online. Many others don't.
A rule of thumb of this game is never to look at secondaries that are already submitted. Looking at submitted secondaries will only make you neurotic and nothing else.

If adcoms see you fit, then you will get your II regardless of the typo. So relax.