How did you dress for your interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DJI

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the men, I was wondering if anyone here didn't wear a full suit? I was planning on dress pants, shirt and shoes with a tie (without the suit jacket on top). This is how I was expected to dress going in to work as a teacher, and I was curious if the suit was necessary?

Members don't see this ad.

Professional school. Professional attire.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nah you gotta wear a suit unfortunately.
Hmm, that's odd to me because the appropriate attire to an interview as a teacher (which is also considered a professional career) was optional between the two. I think more people opted to go without the suit from what I remember

Hmm, that's odd to me because the appropriate attire to an interview as a teacher (which is also considered a professional career) was optional between the two. I think more people opted to go without the suit from what I remember
Go ahead and test it. Go to interviews wearing a shirt and slacks...

Go ahead and test it. Go to interviews wearing a shirt and slacks...
Whoa, relax man I was just wondering if anyone went without the suit jacket. From the response so far, it looks as though I'll be wearing it

Last edited:
Better safe than sorry! I'd rather look like I'm taking it too seriously rather than not seriously enough.

For the men, I was wondering if anyone here didn't wear a full suit? I was planning on dress pants, shirt and shoes with a tie (without the suit jacket on top). This is how I was expected to dress going in to work as a teacher, and I was curious if the suit was necessary?

So far, I have not been to an interview where a guy wore something other than a suit. That is all.

I only attended three interviews, but I didn't see a single guy that wasn't wearing a full suit. Saw some interesting color choices, but they were suits nevertheless.

Make sure it fits so you don't look frumpy.

Also, I'm a teacher and we wear jeans everyday, so that made me laugh.

Can you make up for it with your personality? I personally wouldn't even if I was the most outgoing likable person in the world

I only attended three interviews, but I didn't see a single guy that wasn't wearing a full suit. Saw some interesting color choices, but they were suits nevertheless.

Make sure it fits so you don't look frumpy.

Also, I'm a teacher and we wear jeans everyday, so that made me laugh.
I would be severely reprimanded if I didn't at least wear a dress shirt and slacks. I guess the school I taught at was a little uptight

Can you make up for it with your personality? I personally wouldn't even if I was the most outgoing likable person in the world
Yeah I've got a suit and I plan on wearing it, was just curious if going without the suit jacket was common. Very plain to see that it isn't

Out of the 6 interviews I went to every guy wore a suit. There was one guy who wore a suit without a tie which I thought was a little strange especially since he had his shirt buttoned all the way up. I wore a gray suit with a light blue windowpane plaid. It caught some attention but it was all positive.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the input ladies and gentlemen. A suit it is.

No shirt, no shoes, no interview

Reactions: 2 users
I wore a blue blazer, white dress shirt and tie, dress pants, and crocs. No wait, they were dress shoes.