How do I apply ????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beagle

Meet BEAGLE
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello
This will be the first time I apply to dental school! I am very excited, but am not sure where to start. Where do I get the applications, etc?
sometimes I hear people talk about applying online? What is this about? Can you just mail it?
I know theree needs to be letters of recs, transcripts, etc...anything else?
Thanks!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

you can go to <a href="http://aadsas.adea.org/webapp/" target="_blank">http://aadsas.adea.org/webapp/</a>
There are many information, including how to apply,
when to start, what to submit, and others. You might
also learn how to apply via web according to their
instructions.
I am going to apply next year. How about you?
Hope it helps.

Hey Grettlin
I am applying this summer. I have yet to take the DATS. have you taken them?
GOODLUCK

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys i'm applying this summer too :p
Beagles u might wanna make an appointment with your pre-dent advisor... he'll go over everyhting with u.
GOODLUCK

Beagle,

The most time consuming parts of your application will be:

Personal Statement
3 Letters of Recommendation

So start working on these now!

The most difficult part of the application process is scoring well on the DAT. I know it's tough but this should be your number 1 priority over other school work now if you want to get into dental schools next year.

Make yourself some deadlines to get everything in on time. You gotsta make sure the professors who are writing your letters know when they should have their letters done for you. I was in your same situation - took the DAT in May. I think the earliest you can submit your application is July 1 so make it your goal to have EVERYTHING done by then. Filling out the online application won't take more than a few days if your essay is already there for a nice cut and paste job. If you score around 18's on the DAT and apply then you will almost certainly get in. It's so cliche but couldn't be truer - the earlier the better.

hey guys,

just to clear some things up. The earliest date to submit your application is JUNE 1st. I applied for fall 2001 (I graduated last may) w/a gpa of 3.0 overall, 2.7 science and an 18/17 dat. I DID NOT get in, in fact I never even got an interview and I applied in August (which is not late, quite early actually). I had minimal experience, so currently I'm taking postbacc classes (doing better) and volunteering in a dental clinic. I'm applying this summer and retaking the DAT in august.

Just thought I'd tell my brief story again...something to think about :)

The most important thing is to get your aadsas in as soon as possible...they take a while to process it. You can always send letters of recomendation, dat etc. later (don't wait too much though) You can complete the aadsas application online, but make sure that the university you want is a participant in it. I hear less universities will participate this upcoming year. If the dental school you want is not a participant call the up and request their information. It's good you start networking with the people that are going to take care of your application. Call them and ask about status, ask them if they recieved everything, and send them an email if you are really interested in their school. Get your letters of rec. .....the more you have the better....and check if your current univ. has a commitee that can write you uo a commitee letter. Let me know if you need more details

Beagle,

Listen to simseema17 and Mayra. They're advice is true. My way of thinking is if you get everything done by July you can spend the rest of your summer on the surfboard if you know what I mean. You don't have to have it all done by then though. Just set your goals high and the waves are yours to ride.