How do I become an MCAT tutor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baratheonfire

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a 520 (130, 130, 130, 130) which is 98th percentile. I hear tutoring gigs pay $20+/ hr. How do I get hired to be an MCAT tutor?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a 520 (130, 130, 130, 130) which is 98th percentile. I hear tutoring gigs pay $20+/ hr. How do I get hired to be an MCAT tutor?

If you do a search for Wyzant MCAT tutors, you can get a good idea of current tutoring rates. They seem to fall between $30 and $70 an hour. Some of our students with scores like yours registered with tutoring services and made some decent money. Others posted notices on campus and met people at coffee shops. There are plenty of ways to do private tutoring. Keep in mind that many companies sell tutoring packages at rates of $100 to $150 per hour. This seems insane, but I assume there are people paying them that much for it. If you offer great tutoring privately for $20+/hour, you'll have plenty of business and you'll help other students save huge amounts of money. Have you considered posting an ad in the classifieds section of SDN? It seems like a natural spot for such a thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a similar score to you and someone from Next Step tutoring just contacted me... They have an application for tutors to fill out here: http://nextsteptestprep.com/tutor-for-us/

I don't know how legit this company is, but it's worth a try
Yeah they contact me as well. Next step is pretty legit, I used their practice tests when I was preparing for the MCAT. Miles better than Kaplan or TPR.

You can also apply to Kaplan, their application is open to anyone who got 90th percentile or above. I'm in the process of applying right now