About the ads

How do I shadow/get recommendations from audiologists?

Discussion in 'Audiology [ Au.D ]' started by FutureEarDoc, Sep 23, 2009.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. FutureEarDoc

FutureEarDoc

Pre-Rehab Sci [AuD/DPT/OTD]

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Can anybody tell me how I can start shadowing an audiologist? How long should I shadow (a day, a week, a month)? Also, how do I get recommendations? Is there anything else I should do to boost my resume? Thanks for the help!!!
  2. eardocsavvy

eardocsavvy

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I would call private practice's or hospitals and ask if you could shadow the audiologist. Of course explain your situation, youre in school preparing for graduate school (AuD). I volunteered at a hospital in the Audiology department, and would highly recommend it. I would only ask those you know and who know you well enough to write a good letter of rec. An audiologist that you just met probably will not write one or write an outstanding letter for you.

Let me know if there is anything else.
  3. SoCalAud

SoCalAud

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I highly recommend volunteering and shadowing an audiologist for up to 6 months. I have two years before I finish my BA, so I will continuing shadowing an audiologist. Also, volunteer in education settings to work with deaf and hard of hearing children. Check out John Tracy Clinic for the nearest clinic. Hope that helps! I have more information, so just let me know if you want to learn more!
  4. AuDfaculty

AuDfaculty

Non-Student
    Hi
    I know that when a student is interested in Salus University, we will put you in contact with an audiologist in your area. We have a huge network of audiologists all over the country that we can send you to.

What programs are you applying to and have you considered Salus? If you want the name and contact info for an audiologist in your area, contact the audiology program at Salus University. Tell them that you need to shadow an audiogist and they will put you in contact with one. Either ask for Heather in admissions, or even call Paula in the main audiology office. The phone number is 215-780-1238.

Good luck, I hope that you find what you are looking for. If you have any questions about Salus, let me know.
    :)