How do I study for the MCAT while in school if I postpone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chromatic543

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been studying since the 10th of June and my test is on the 10th of September. I thought I was improving gradually with some of my test scores, but after taking the AAMC FL...I don't know anymore. These are my FL scores:

TBR FL 2: 502
TBR FL 1: 502
TBR FL 3: 502
EK FL 1: 50%
EK FL 2: 54%
EK FL 4: 58%

AAMC FL C/P: 125, CARS: 124, B/B: 126, Psych/Soc: 122, OVERALL: 497

Usually a lot of my mistakes are because of careless errors, and this has been very evident in the TBR and EK tests, but I am not sure what happened in the AAMC FL, especially in the Psych/Soc section. I feel like this test asked me everything I didn't know about Psych/Soc where in other FLs I have gotten an above average score. I expected the CARS to be like that and I am a bit surprised with the C/P section.

I am not sure what to do. I am aiming for at least a 508 and I want to apply to DO schools, but I don't know if it's good to take the test in two weeks.

I am thinking of rescheduling for January since I am applying next May (DO opening month), and give myself some time to study from now until the end of September (full time), but also part time in October, November, and December.

However, I am not sure how to study while in school.

Questions

1. Should I reschedule?
2. How many hours should I study per day to bring up my score to at least a 508?
3. How do I do it while in school?
4. What else can I take if I have taken the AAMC scored, TBR 1-3, and EK 1, 2, and 4? Is there anything else that is good? I haven't finished the section banks yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have you taken the unscored? Also, finish the section banks and do the q-packs.

Are you taking a full course load in the fall? If so it'll be tough. Wake up, class, study, bed, repeat.

Also, isn't 508 overkill for DO? I see people on here shooting for 500 - 505 for DO.

Have you taken the unscored? Also, finish the section banks and do the q-packs.

Are you taking a full course load in the fall? If so it'll be tough. Wake up, class, study, bed, repeat.

Also, isn't 508 overkill for DO? I see people on here shooting for 500 - 505 for DO.

I just want to play it safe, and aim higher than needed. I mean if I wanted to aim for 500-505 for DO, I don't think I'm in the WORST spot...but I am no exper, and others have told me that a 506 is good for DO, but again I'm not sure.

Yes, unfortunately I am taking a full course load one of the classes being Physical Chemistry.

I have not taken the unscored, but I am in progress with the section banks and will probably get the Q packs. I also have an incomplete TBR FL, an incomplete EK FL, and several incomplete Kaplan FLs, but I don't know if any of them will be as useful as the AAMC FL.