How do people feel after taking the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrCaliBoy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my test and I dont feel good about it but some people say that's normal, I wanted to see what the general consensus in SDN was.

Members don't see this ad.

Go to the MCAT forum and read the thread for your test date. You can overanalyze and stress out over there. :thumbup::smuggrin:

Its very normal to not feel good.

I felt...just like I did after every practice test. Which is pretty unsure. Could be a 27, could be a 35. While this sounds nerve racking, I took solace in this because I was scoring 32's, so I just hoped I did like I did...and I did (32).

But its a brutal month wait, so just get off SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
I felt good and scored 2 points over my average. *shrugs* It honestly felt better than any of my practice tests.

Go to the MCAT forum and read the thread for your test date. You can overanalyze and stress out over there. :thumbup::smuggrin:

Haha this is true. I felt pretty terrible after mine and scored 4 points above my average. Some people feel great and do horribly, some people feel horrible and do horribly. I wouldn't worry or think about it, as much as that's possible.

I felt terrible
thought i did horrendous

got a 34

feelings are fickle

How you feel is a terrible approximation of how you did. Get off the tubes and enjoy the fact you can't do anything about it until your score posts.

I felt like I performed at an average level (i.e., I expected to score right around my practice test average).

I knew there were several passages that I struggled with, but I also felt like my timing was spot on and was really happy that I didn't have to rush anything. I left feeling that I was as happy as I could realistically hope being (having just taken the MCAT)

My practice-test average was a 30-33, and I got a 36 on the real thing.

I just took my test and I dont feel good about it but some people say that's normal, I wanted to see what the general consensus in SDN was.

I felt terrible! I literally missed the last page of questions on PS and had to guess on all four of them with like ten seconds to go.

The day before the scores came out I almost purchased new MCAT study material. I literally scored 4 to 5 points higher than the best case scenario I came up with in my head.

I felted like I bombed the PS section and scored 2 points higher on it than any of my practice tests.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went as far as betting my dad $200 that I got an 8 or lower on VR. I ended up getting a 10 on the section. :naughty:

I almost voided, and now I will be matriculating in a week. I think a lot of people feel downright terrible after taking the MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
I felt pretty bad but I ended up doing well
You don't have to get every question right, just more than the other people who took the test :)

I felt like crap... thought i got maybe a standard deviation below my average... ended up 1 over my average. Some people feel differently and get different outcomes. Does not seem to be a way to tell.

... like I needed a drink... or ten...

Same. However, I knew I kinda lucked out because my organic Qs were mostly softballs.

After my test I immediately bought a 6-pack of Rolling Rock and then passed out before drinking any of them.

I cried on the way home. Got a 34.

Same here. I was mostly worried about biology which had always been my best section but killed me on the real thing. I ended up with an 11 in bio, which is the lowest I have ever scored, but I was pretty happy to get the same in verbal after struggling to break 10 for so long.

I didnt feel too great, really numb and just relieved it was over, i wasnt sure how I did, I had to leave questions blank and didnt even have time to finish some but ended up getting a surprise and getting a good score. So dont stress about it!

I think when you take a practice mcat test, you see your score immediately after so you don't have time to dwell on the questions you missed and stress out abou it. So maybe thats why everyone always feels like they did a lot worse on the real thing?

Better than taking a leak after a long night of drinking, but for better or worse I'm just not a worrier.

It feels terrible. What's worse is the month long wait.

Just look at your AAMC average if you really need a trustworthy approximation of how you did.

How did I feel? Like having several drinks, partying, and getting wasted. All of which I did. My brain was way too tired to even think about how I did.

But the next day, I wrote down my predictions for my score on each section. When my actual score came out a month later, it turned out that my predictions were spot on accurate for each section :D

I was in a literal daze immediately after I finished the test. I tried going out the wrong door to the exit.

I felt like crap once I got home. I scored a 29. My average across 6 or 7 practice tests was a 31 (min 28, max 33.)

It feels terrible. What's worse is the month long wait.

Just look at your AAMC average if you really need a trustworthy approximation of how you did.

It used to be a two month wait back when I took it (on paper). Talk about nerve wracking.