How do people get straight As?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am a freshman this year and I have no idea where to begin studying my own way...what were some of your methods?

I used to just be able to read a section a few times, and I'd be done studying. That got me through undergrad, but when I was working towards my MBA and even now in the science classes I am taking..practicing problems is what works best for me. I'll read over and study the material, and then I will work problems to try and apply what I've studied. I haven't had any tests yet, so we will see how it works for these science classes.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm majoring in Biomedical Sciences with GPA of 4.0. I think it's not hard to get straight A's. Just keep in mind that you know what you're doing. I'm not a nerd, and I've spent about 1-2 hours a day for studying ( sometimes I don't study at all). However, I use the time in classes effectively. Listening carefully and interpreting what professors say. Make sure you get the points at classes so that you don't have to study hard at home. I take seriously study habits for every classes, not only science courses. IMPORTANT: never miss deadlines.

By the way, I just came to America about 4 years ago. I still speak broken English, but it's not a big deal to keep getting As in school. I can do it, so do you :)