How do we know the ADCOMs on this site are actually ADCOMS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

puppylatte

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are rumors on reddit that there are trolls on here claiming to be ADCOMs.

What is the verification process since anyone can sign up and call themselves "academic administration."

Members don't see this ad.

Wowee, I guess we'll just have to take reddit's word for it now, don't we?

Reactions: 18 users
Reddit has had so much hate towards SDN lately.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
We know because our bullish*t detectors work.

Reactions: 5 users
Wowee, I guess we'll just have to take reddit's word for it now, don't we?
The origin of the question does not necessarily correlate with its validity.
If the question is invalid, please enlighten me.

What is the verification process since anyone can sign up and call themselves "academic administration."
Regardless of SDN's verification process, many of the Adcom members themselves have told people to maintain a healthy amount of skepticism as well as the fact that each opinion is technically n=1. If you don't want to believe they are Adcoms or that they know what they're talking about, then don't. You can only help or hurt yourself by doing so.

That seems reliable. Why can't there be a formal validation of credentials by moderators? That is what I'm getting at.
There is. However, because we protect their privacy, we won't tell you who they are. This leaves us saying "trust us" rather than them saying it.

Edit: Reading the hilarious paranoid delusions of some redditors is especially funny for me, since I'm one of the few people who actually knows that the adcom members on here are who they say they are.

Edit: Provided they have a faculty badge, of course.

Reactions: 9 users
The origin of the question does not necessarily correlate with its validity.
If the question is invalid, please enlighten me.
Not necessarily, but it does so negatively correlate in this instance.
That seems reliable. Why can't there be a formal validation of credentials by moderators? That is what I'm getting at.
There is. Spend some more time on this site before pointing out non-existent problems.

Reactions: 3 users
Regardless of SDN's verification process, many of the Adcom members themselves have told people to maintain a healthy amount of skepticism as well as the fact that each opinion is technically n=1. If you don't want to believe they are Adcoms or that they know what they're talking about, then don't. You can only help or hurt yourself by doing so.
This. The advice they've given me in particular has been incredibly beneficial. Even if they were not Adcoms (which I have no doubt they are not), I would still take their advice.

Reactions: 4 users
There is. However, because we protect their privacy, we won't tell you who they are. This leaves us saying "trust us" rather than them saying it.

Edit: Reading the hilarious paranoid delusions of some redditors is especially funny for me, since I'm one of the few people who actually knows that the adcom members on here are who they say they are.
They also think the entire userbase of SDN is out to get them...

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Edit: get a load of this lmao
Lizzy is actually a registered trademark owned by SDN.
BUT WHY ISN'T IT DOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

srsly like sell shirts and mugs and sh*it, I'd buy them

Before someone misinterprets what @moop quoted, it was something I quoted from the reddit thread.
Our shirt/mug/pen campaign will make headlines.

(Sidenote: I'm willing to bet you'll see your post on Reddit soon enough...)

How do we really know that you're a puppy drinking a latte?

Reactions: 11 users
Sounds like a good ole-fashioned internet war is a-brewin'. That's all right. These things gotta happen every five years or so, ten years. Helps to get rid of the bad blood. Been ten years since the last one.

Reactions: 5 users
You're right OP.

I am actually all the adcoms.

Reactions: 11 users
I have no doubt now that the ADCOMs with more than 100 posts are real. It's a new one that concerned me slightly, but I don't want to call them out.

I'm still waiting for real proof that you are truly a puppy drinking a latte. I think this is a conspiracy by $t@rbuck$!

I browsed through the thread and think "look at all the Caribbean medical students".

Thorazine stat!

When I signed up for an SDN account, I had to give them my email, and my website.

So, kinda hard to fake a website on the Faculty page of a medical school, don'tcha think?
I'm simply impressed they've managed to call you both Simon Cowell and drunk within the same line of thought. Aspiring to big things!

All OF YOU ARE FAKE UNTIL I SEE YOUR LONG FORM BIRTH CERTIFICATES

Reactions: 12 users
Reading comprehension skills were at an all-time low with some of those posters.

I'll bet we could write an interesting psychopathology paper from them.

I'm simply impressed they've managed to call you both Simon Cowell and drunk within the same line of thought. Aspiring to big things!

Reactions: 2 users
Man I wouldn't be in medical school if it wasn't for LizzyM and the other adcoms here.

Then again how do you guys know if I'm actually a medical student

Reactions: 9 users
Man I wouldn't be in medical school if it wasn't for LizzyM and the other adcoms here.

chippy.jpg

Reactions: 15 users
Im actually a garbageman from Staten Island.

Reactions: 3 users

There is only actually one very bored person posting under all these names. SDN is a sockpuppet factory.

Reactions: 1 users
Damn I guess they caught on that I'm actually posting from the after-life! :eek:

I wish these communities didn't hate each other. I primarily use SDN for pre-med related things, but use reddit for everything else. If we would just support each other, we could be one big happy pre-med family. But nooo, we have to have some sort of damn blood feud.

Obviously /r/premed is more to blame here than SDN. I'm just venting as a user of both sites.

Last edited:
Lol the same guy uses 5 browsers logged in to different accounts:
IE: @LizzyM (old school)
Firefox: @Goro (old but new age)
Chrome: @Psai (millennial)
Safari: @gyngyn (tech savvy)
Opera: Winged Scapula (b/c she can)
And they're all trademarked.

Lol the same guy uses 5 browsers logged in to different accounts:
IE: @LizzyM (old school)
Firefox: @Goro (old but new age)
Chrome: @Psai (millennial)
Safari: @gyngyn (tech savvy)
Opera: Winged Scapula (b/c she can)
How did you know my browser!??

Reactions: 14 users
I wish these communities didn't hate each other. I primarily use SDN for pre-med related things, but use reddit for everything else. If we would just support each other, we could be one big happy pre-med family. But nooo, we have to have some sort of damn blood feud.

Obviously /r/premed is more to blame here than SDN. I'm just venting as a user of both sites.

Reactions: 1 users