How do you answer the question of why a medical school should accept you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TrillyBassily

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
??

Members don't see this ad.

Cause my life is dope, and I do dope ****

-Kanye West

Reactions: 5 users
??

Write your own essays. Everyone else who gets accepted figures out how to sell themselves and their accomplishments/qualities, on their own. Because they're grown ups.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
...By answering the question? Do you not see any reasons that you personally should be accepted? I approached it by thinking about what the schools are looking for.. for most of them they want to accept people that will A. succeed in medical school and B. become good doctors. Can you think of anything about yourself that shows you will meet those two criteria? I don't understand after going through years of building your application to look appealing to schools, how you can't think of any reasons a school should accept you..

I've heard that if you answer the question in the style of an emotional free verse poem, your chance of admittance goes up 90%.

Reactions: 2 users
I've heard that if you answer the question in the style of an emotional free verse poem, your chance of admittance goes up 90%.

90% of 0% is still 0%. I see what you did there ;)

Reactions: 4 users
Assert your dominance and ask the medical school why you should accept them.

Reactions: 10 users
"I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this planet. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call med school. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable med school ass off the face of the continent, you little ****."

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
"I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call med school. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable med school ass off the face of the continent, you little ****."
I actually had a secondary a lot like this last year...
He thought the president was using the secret service to keep him down, though.

Reactions: 3 users
He'll get in somewhere.
Not so far. I checked.
I prefer the visual on gorilla warfare, but I think you meant guerrilla (from the Spanish for "little war")!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
Not so far. I checked.
image.png

Thug Lyfe

Not so far. I checked.
I prefer the visual on gorilla warfare, but I think you meant guerrilla (from the Spanish for "little war")!
I think maybe he was referring to fighting the gorillas at the zoo in Cincinnati. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users
Not so far. I checked.

Gorilla warfare training sounds way more intimidating

This reminds me of a recently locked thread.

Do you read some of these and wonder if the person really has psychotic tendencies? I do

In seriousness what do people usually say? Do you promise to work hard? Talk about EC stuff that you hope to contribute to student life at the school? Talk about being collegial and supportive to classmates?

Not so far. I checked.
His post was just a copypasta from 4chan. If you don't know what that is, you don't want to.

Sent from my SM-G925V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users