How do you handle Pre-Pharmacy, volunteering, and a job, altogether

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kwassa63

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
plus a few extracurricular activities.

Please share your experience!

Thanks;

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I cant stand all these young whippersnappers complaining about how they don't have any time.

Try getting married and having a few kids. Then things get really interesting.

It doesn't seem like you have enough time when you're a pre-pharm.

Just wait until you're pharm. Life changes. A lot.

I work 32-35 hours a week, go to school full-time, volunteer on the weekends and work out like 3-4 times a week. Its a full load but it can be done. You just have to make some sacrifices. Oh and prepare to sacrifice any social life until semester ends.

Time management.
Exactly. We are all humans and have a total of 24 hours every single day. Its not about how much time you have, but how you manage the time you are given.

plus a few extracurricular activities.

Please share your experience!

Thanks;

Just do it. Seriously, I worried way too much about doing it all perfectly and that's my main problem. Just do it, then cut back/tailor as need be.

In one sample semester, I worked 8:30a - 5:00p M-F, A&P on Tu/Th night (with lab until 10 one night), Microbiology on Saturday. Volunteering on Mon from 5:30 - 9:30p.

How did I deal? Discipline about getting certain tasks done on certain days and prioritization. Friday nights & Sunday were typically catch up days, not "days off." Little efficiencies can add up - for example, packing dinner with me in the morning was essential to getting places on time & being able to concentrate when I got there.

You know how your profs in undergrad said that you would need 2+ hours of study for each hour in class? I only really got close to that number for A&P and O Chem. OTOH, nearly every class is that way in pharma school so far... With 24 hours a week just butt-in-the-seat time in class, plus ~4 hours of exams each week, you can do the math.