How does ED work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxtech_11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how early decision works. I want to apply to Midwestern for their pharmacy program. If I apply and send it in for early decision, what happens if I get denied or wait-listed? If I get wait-listed does it mean that if they don't take me off the wait-list by the October dead line does it mean I have to wait until next year to reapply. I just don't understand how early decision works. Can anyone with experience of apply using early decision help me. I am very confused on whether I should apply with early decision or not. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering how early decision works. I want to apply to Midwestern for their pharmacy program. If I apply and send it in for early decision, what happens if I get denied or wait-listed? If I get wait-listed does it mean that if they don't take me off the wait-list by the October dead line does it mean I have to wait until next year to reapply. I just don't understand how early decision works. Can anyone with experience of apply using early decision help me. I am very confused on whether I should apply with early decision or not. Thanks

Only apply using early decision if there is an overwhelming reason to attend one school. Also, you should be well overqualified compared to other applicants. 87asu is correct that if you are denied by that school you have another chance to apply to other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did ED and got in. Like amicable said though I was above average stats. If you aren't just apply everywhere early.

I'm not above average stats and will be applying ED to UK. Their advisor told me ED shows a strong desire to one school and I'd actually have a better chance than if I waited for RD. It probably depends on the school but I don't see why anyone wouldn't apply ED to their first choice. It's the same as applying right when RD starts, less competition.