How does Interfolio work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osumc2014

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain this real quick? Do I just set up an account at interfolio and ask my recommenders to send their letters there? Is that via email? And does it cost money?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone explain this real quick? Do I just set up an account at interfolio and ask my recommenders to send their letters there?
Yes, you request the letter via interfolio and they give you a cover sheet with instructions that you supply to the letter writer
Is that via email? And does it cost money?
Thanks!

You can do it via e-mail or snail mail. It does cost money.

Interfolio is a great resource. Even moreso if you want to read your own LORs.

I used interfolio and I couldn't read mine. There is a confidentiality block on all letters if you request it, which I think is the normal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe he's referring to doing something sneaky, like asking interfolio to mail a letter to yourself. (I don't know if this would work, but it seems like it might)

Interfolio does have multiple checks in place that monitor delivery destinations for every packet that we send. Some of these checks are technological, while others are manual. We take the confidentiality of documents very seriously and go out of our way to ensure that documents are going to appropriate destinations.

Also, courtesy of our terms of service: "In addition, you are responsible for all activity occurring under your User account that is in violation of or in conflict with any applicable rules, regulations, policies or guidelines in force at your institution, including but not limited to, academic integrity or honor codes and acceptable use policies."

Thanks!

Jack
Interfolio

Yes, it costs money. They have a really helpful FAQ thing to check out once you sign up that tells you what to send when you request letters, how your letter writers send your letters, etc.

Since we're on the topic, do most schools take letters through Interfolio, or do they require recommenders to mail in originals?

I believe they all take letters either form Interfolio or AMCAS? I don't think recommenders personally have to mail them anywhere but I could be wrong.

you guys are sooo funny.))))

Last edited:
1465421139459395.png

I meant to post it in a different thread. SORRYYY!!! geeze

Reactions: 1 user