How does my list of schools look? (3.9 GPA, 30 MCAT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HolyCow0333

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reasonably strong ECs, including research, hospital volunteering, tutoring and TAing, leadership.

Albany
Creighton
Drexel
George Washington
Jefferson
Loyola-Stritch
Mayo
NY Med College
Penn State
Rosalind Franklin
Rowen U-Cooper (NEW)
Rush
U of Arizona-Tucson
U of Chicago-Pritzker
U of Vermont
Virginia Commonwealth U
Virginia Tech-Carilion (NEW)
Wake Forest

Plus my state school. I'm well well aware that Mayo and U of C are beyond my reach (U of C having a median MCAT of 37 and all...), but they're my dream schools.

Did I miss/should I eliminate any schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think that's a solid list. You seem to have good stats and EC's. Best of luck.

Thanks much!

Anyone else?

Have also eliminated Eastern VA, FAU, Hofstra, Oakland, and the U of AZ schools for various reasons.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
MCAT: 30 (10PS/9VR/11BS)
sGPA: 3.92
cGPA: 3.88

Reasonably strong ECs, including 500+ hrs research, 450 hrs+ hospital volunteering with lots of patient contact, tutoring and TAing experience, leadership in two campus organizations (one which I started myself).

Albany
Creighton
Drexel
George Washington
Jefferson
Loyola-Stritch
Mayo
NY Med College
Penn State
Rosalind Franklin
Rowen U-Cooper (NEW)
Rush
U of Arizona-Tucson
U of Chicago-Pritzker
U of Vermont
Virginia Commonwealth U
Wake Forest

Plus my state school. I'm well well aware that Mayo and U of C are beyond my reach (U of C having a median MCAT of 37 and all...), but they're my dream schools.

I had similar GPAs and a similar MCAT 30 (10/10/10) and was offered interviews at a few of the schools you have listed. Others that offered me interviews that you may want to consider: Georgetown, UMiami, and Commonwealth.

Good luck!:luck:

Your dream schools will appreciate the donation in the form of your app fees. It would be smarter to keep them and apply to Quinnipac, SLU and MCW, which are much more likley to admit you. You're fine for any DO program, including mine.

Reasonably strong ECs, including 500+ hrs research, 450 hrs+ hospital volunteering with lots of patient contact, tutoring and TAing experience, leadership in two campus organizations (one which I started myself).

Albany
Creighton
Drexel
George Washington
Jefferson
Loyola-Stritch
Mayo
NY Med College
Penn State
Rosalind Franklin
Rowen U-Cooper (NEW)
Rush
U of Arizona-Tucson
U of Chicago-Pritzker
U of Vermont
Virginia Commonwealth U
Wake Forest

Albany
Creighton
Drexel
George Washington
Jefferson
Loyola-Stritch
Mayo
NY Med College
Penn State
Rosalind Franklin
Rowen U-Cooper (NEW)
Rush
U of Arizona-Tucson
U of Chicago-Pritzker
U of Vermont
Virginia Commonwealth U
Wake Forest

You have a number of state/regionally biased schools. Check out MSAR for matriculant information and try to avoid ones that are unfriendly to OOS students.

Otherwise, I think it's a good list. Very well balanced and reasonable. Good luck!

Your dream schools will appreciate the donation in the form of your app fees. It would be smarter to keep them and apply to Quinnipac, SLU and MCW, which are much more likley to admit you. You're fine for any DO program, including mine.

Lol... You always crack me up.

I do agree that Mayo and Chicago are complete wastes of time/money. You'll be lucky if they're nice enough to not send you secondaries so that you save a few bucks...