How does my list of schools look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BTR1208

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am a little non traditional. Took my first 2 years at a CC. in that time I got done Bio 1/2, Chem 1, Anatomy and Physiology 1/2 and a bunch of general classes. Also got my associates degree.

Now I am at a 4-year finishing prerequisites and my degree. Will take the DAT this July and apply right after. Application will be ready to go.

Now the reason I took classes at a CC first was simply because I could not afford to attend a 4-year. I have been on my own financially since I was 17 and working full time. while going to school.

So say once I take my DAT these are my stats/ec's

- 3.7 oGPA
- 3.7 sGPA
- 20 DAT
- Full time job first 3 years of school, part time after that. (~9,500 hours total) Jobs were caring for developmentally disabled and also a site coordinator for a before/after school elementary program.
- 1,500 hours volunteer coaching for local baseball team
- 200 hours volunteering at under served dental clinic
- 100 hours shadowing

So that being said how would my chances be at these school? Would you take any away? Add any specific ones? I have studied the ADA Dental School Guide and narrowed it down to these in no specific order yet.

WesternU
Midwestern (AZ)
Roseman
AT Still
PITT
NOVA
UCLA
Case Western
UNLV
UCSF

Thanks for any input!

-B

Members don't see this ad.

Everything on your app is stellar, especially those ECs. I would just make sure those schools you listed accept CCs in the pre-reqs; but other than that, just finish strong on the DAT and I have no doubt you would get in

Everything on your app is stellar, especially those ECs. I would just make sure those schools you listed accept CCs in the pre-reqs; but other than that, just finish strong on the DAT and I have no doubt you would get in

Thank you I really appreciate the input. Every school I have on my list accept cc credits. Can't wait to get my acceptance call someday. Will be the happiest day of my life.

Members don't see this ad :)