How does one withdraw affect admission to Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monkeey92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does a withdraw look on the transcript for pharmacy school admission (my top choice is UNC)? The withdraw course is during summer school and this course is one of the pre-req for pharmacy school (Orgo I)

Members don't see this ad.

How does a withdraw look on the transcript for pharmacy school admission (my top choice is UNC)? The withdraw course is during summer school and this course is one of the pre-req for pharmacy school (Orgo I)

One withdraw is devastating. It's worse than getting an F.

One withdraw is devastating. It's worse than getting an F.

And while you're at it, burn your personal statement and delete your PharmCAS and never return to pharmacy ever again.

On a serious note however.....it's not going to hurt you. As a matter of fact, it's a good thing you withdrew instead of taking a potential failing grade.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea man one withdrawal won't do anything

I withdrew a summer course (bio 1) and will be starting pharm school in August so think its safe to safe it doesn't matter

And while you're at it, burn your personal statement and delete your PharmCAS and never return to pharmacy ever again.

On a serious note however.....it's not going to hurt you. As a matter of fact, it's a good thing you withdrew instead of taking a potential failing grade.

:)

I withdrew a summer course (bio 1) and will be starting pharm school in August so think its safe to safe it doesn't matter

Yes, but is it safe to safe to safe?

Reactions: 1 user
Do you mind sharing what pharmacy school you are attending?

Ok,should I continue to do pharmacy since I have withdrewed from a total of six semesters of undergrad because of my illness. Do I have a chance? I mean my grades were good I just had to withdraw.

Ok,should I continue to do pharmacy since I have withdrewed from a total of six semesters of undergrad because of my illness. Do I have a chance? I mean my grades were good I just had to withdraw.

I wouldn't give up, especially if you're grades are good. A lot of people take time off from school for whatever reason and start back up later to accomplish their career goals. I say get back on the horse man and finish those pre-reqs!:thumbup:

I had a withdrawal on my transcript for pre-calc ....I got into pharmacy school