how does the application process to become an OT work ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sn9415

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a sophomore in college, hoping to become an occupational therapist however i am unsure of how the entire application process works.. and which schools to apply to. Right now my gpa is only 3.0 which i am working on def bringing up this semester, I would like to attend a school that offers the BS/MS OT program, close by home, such as york college, LIU, Turo ect.. however they require different prereqs for each program and im just trying to take as many as i can so i can still qualify for each program..Also i used to be a bio major but switched to a pysch major.. the school i would really like to be accepted into is York.. theyre application deadline is in Feb 2015, for the Fall semester.. now i am confused about this, am i too late? as in was i suppose to try to finish all of my prereqs and volunteer ect by Feb.. or am i still able to apply by Feb but my prereqs wouldnt be completed till end of next semester? I did try calling the school however they didnt pick up, i will try again though and i emailed them as well.. i just wish i had a mentor or someone to really help me with all this..

Members don't see this ad.

My only advice is to look at the schools near you and see which ones have a BS/MS program. Find out what their requirements are and try to transfer in.

As far as I know, York and Stony are the two most affordable schools that offer BS/MS program. With pre-reqs, schools would probably prefer that you finish all of them by Feb. But if the program starts in the fall, some schools would still consider you if you'll be done with all of your pre-reqs by Spring 2015. I would call the school to confirm.