How does TX license arrive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmer7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it sent via certified mail?

also how long after you pass your board does your status on texas state board website change? what do you click on to check your status?

thanks =)

Members don't see this ad.

My renewal certificate and pocket card came by regular mail. The big wall license is supposed to come within 12 weeks after the renewal certificate. You can go to the board of pharmacy website and click on the "license & registration verification" link and search your status there. Apparently they are supposed to download test results once a week and issue licenses accordingly. There is a big holder message on the website warning you to give them three weeks to verify everything. I check obsessively every day for four weeks and finally called them to see what was going on with my license. The lady checked for me and finally said there had been a "glitch" with the system and the grades hadn't been downloaded for a couple of weeks (which made me wonder what the heck they had been doing for a "couple" of weeks, but anyway...). After she downloaded my grade, I was licensed within 24 hours. So, I would say if you don't see you license number on the website by three weeks, call ad ask about it.