How does VirtualEvals work for LoRs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DamnCroissants

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My premed advising office notified me that they received two of my LoRs and once they receive my third letter from a DPM I can inform them to send the LoRs to VirtualEvals. Will the schools know my LoRs are on there, or.....the advising office is pretty confusing with their explanation.

Members don't see this ad.

Usually your recommenders, or perhaps your school, will send your LORs to your Interfolio or VirtualEvals account. If you don't have one, make one. You will then be able log in and manage your LORs. The schools cannot directly access your LORs, there would be an option within your account to send the LORs electronically or through email or through traditional mail to each school. That is all. Interfolio or VirtualEvals will confirm that LORs were sent, but you will have to stay on top of the schools to confirm that they were received.

Usually your recommenders, or perhaps your school, will send your LORs to your Interfolio or VirtualEvals account. If you don't have one, make one. You will then be able log in and manage your LORs. The schools cannot directly access your LORs, there would be an option within your account to send the LORs electronically or through email or through traditional mail to each school. That is all. Interfolio or VirtualEvals will confirm that LORs were sent, but you will have to stay on top of the schools to confirm that they were received.

I'm going to have to be explicit with my advisor because they claim that I don't need an account and the schools will be able to access it once they are uploaded to VirtualEvals. Perhaps they will notify me of some way to access them once all of my letters are sent.

Virtual Evals is an administrative program, so your school does everything. You don't make the account and you probably won't see it, in order to keep the waiver of not seeing your LORs. Your school will probably send you a receipt. They will send the LORs through the program, so the schools will receive it. Just make sure you follow up with your school and the schools you applied to.

This is based on my experience with Virtual Evals with my school right now. Not sure if every school does it the same way.