How easy is getting a US green card (EB2 visa) for an international MD-PhD (27 eyars old).

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

90cs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 28 years old physician with no subspecialty training and a MD-PhD from Switzerland. I completed my MD out of EU/EFTA and USA (in Georgia). How easy is it to get a postdoc position in the USA and can I apply for a EB-2 visa. How many articles should I need? Is researchgate score important? and what can I do to get better chances?

Members don't see this ad.

It is possible but you need to find a sponsor that believes on your promise. You build a case with multiple LORs about your promise as a clinician-scientist emphasizing the "science" that you have done and what you are involved in.

Thanks for replying Fencer. Usually how many LORs are required and could those be written by Swiss Professors or only Americans?
Is researchgate score important?

Score is just an indication to quantify research achievements. Citations by web-of-science, scopus, or google scholar are other indicators that are likely more familiar to INS agents reviewing your case. Regarding LORs, you need at least 4-5 from across the USA, not just the institution that will be sponsoring you.