How fast is USUHS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Megalofyia

425 lbs and growing
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After sending in the secondary how long can I expect to wait till I hear back from USUHS?

Members don't see this ad.

well my application is complete there, and they sent me an email saying "thanks for your app, in the mean time enjoy your summer..." so maybe that'll be awhile! :)
Jon

Members don't see this ad :)
I read that post last night but didnt' see anything about how long till interviews after secondaries.

Hopefully they don't take long to decide if they want to interview you.

I remember after I turned in my application I got an interview about a month later.

Jetson

I just got an interview. It has been about a month since I sent in my secondary.

USUHS is pretty fast. I got my interview about a month after the secondary too.

SOBEIT & generallobster,

I got an invitation yesterday! What day are you scheduled to interview? I was asked to come on Sept. 25th. Are either of you two already involved with the military in some way?

I just got an interview invite too. I sent in my secondary about three weeks ago. I do know that they screen a bit though, so if your app is borderline it might take a bit longer. Seriously, though, don't worry, this is still extremely early in the process.

- Quid

did you get it via email or snailmail

My invitation came by email.

Hey everyone!

I'm a first year at USUHS now, so if any of you all have any questions, just pm me - i remember how frustrating it was to try to find out about the school and military medicine without prior military experience. As for the interview turn around time, i got an email within a week of submitting my application, but know some people who waited a while. Good Luck!!

WOW !! abw, did you have outstanding grades and ECs?

Oh. . . and does it make a difference if you are male or female?

mine was by e-mail too

Congrats on all the interviews....

I have a quick question.

Does USUHS have an EDP? or is it solely a regular decision process?

And to answer the questions above, I submitted my secondary about 2 1/2 weeks ago and got an interview.

Good luck.

I don't think USUHS has EDP. But for certain, it has rolling admission process.

I sent my secondary 3 weeks ago, just got the interview email.
Anyone else going on 10/2? Good luck to everyone!!:)

hey i'm going to be applying to USUHS next year (its my #1 school by far). anyway, would any of you who have applied / been accepted say what kind of stats you have? just wondering how i stack up ;) pretty sure there was a thread about this before but i'm not finding it...

Hi Brats and medboy,

Ruby is correct. USUHS does not have an EDP. (It was explicitly stated in my handbook for 2000-2003) However, they are so fast at selecting candidates that on some years (not every year) they actually send acceptances BEFORE 10/15 (AAMC date that schools can send acceptances).

[USUHS also says they don't adhere to the 10/15 guideline for acceptances in their handbook as well]

I'm sure that this was said a thousand times on these boards but APPLY EARLY! Everyone I talked with at the school pretty much emphasized that little bit of advice.

I sent the secondary on 8/6 got an e-mail on 8/21 stating I was selected for an interview on 9/25.

Looking forward to meeting the 9/25 interviewers in Bethesda!

I definitely agree with you TJC!

APPLY EARLY...I applied late last year and basically got the last interview day and then was placed on the waitlist. Obviously, I didn't get off in time so that's why I am reapplying again this year.

Good luck people.