How Good Are My Extra Cirriculars?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cvilla0713

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I looking toward the next cycle and I was wondering how well are my ECs? Most importantly what can I improve on them?

Stanford Leadership for Doctors Program - 7 months

Volunteer Experience
597.5 – 50 probation in the gift shop
211 in MedSurg/TCU
+304.5 in the ED
32 Hours in the OR
Experience ranged from EKG, CPR use, Trauma/medcode assistance, transportation of patients, Shadowed nurses and doctors while assisting in medical procedures.

Tutor
Biology First Year
Elementary School

Secretary for Veterans Club

Student Health Information Advisor President

Going to study abroad in Sweden to take science classes and clinical classes.

Job: Events Management for the school

Please help me, I want to know if I you know what I can do. Also I know my grades and MCAT are on here. I am working on studying for the MCAT and my sGPA is around 3.3.

Members don't see this ad.

Also I know my GPA is a little on the low side and Im still working on that as to I am still in school and I am about to take my upper divs.

Honestly? Stop worrying so much about ECs and focus on your grades!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly? Stop worrying so much about ECs and focus on your grades!
+1 EC's quickly deteriorate in importance if you have a low GPA and MCAT.

Reactions: 3 users
you have no research. get some reserach experiences

We've seen study abroad grades devastate a GPA through students not understanding the harsher grading system in other countries. Hopefully you won't be one of them.

Your time would be better spent raising your BCPM/sGPA through additional coursework at your home institution.

Reactions: 1 users
We've seen study abroad grades devastate a GPA through students not understanding the harsher grading system in other countries. Hopefully you won't be one of them.

Your time would be better spent raising your BCPM/sGPA through additional coursework at your home institution.

On top of this, some schools don't accept foreign coursework, so be careful...

I would study abroad for the experience. Other than that. Thank you guys for your help!