How good is a 750 on the Biology E SAT Subject Test?

mas1996

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a freshman and i took my first subject test in june and got a 750. i'm wondering if i should take it again since i was averaging a 780 on the practice tests.

Members don't see this ad.

It's fine, you don't have to take it again. However, I don't think colleges accept tests taken freshman year since they are more than 2 years old. However, I may be wrong.

It's fine, you don't have to take it again. However, I don't think colleges accept tests taken freshman year since they are more than 2 years old. However, I may be wrong.

I highly doubt that. Our school offered a Biology E study course for the SAT II in freshman year for any student who wanted to take it, plus if a student ended up taking physics and chemistry for the rest of their high school career they wouldn't have time to study/take another biology test.

Members don't see this ad :)
I highly doubt that. Our school offered a Biology E study course for the SAT II in freshman year for any student who wanted to take it, plus if a student ended up taking physics and chemistry for the rest of their high school career they wouldn't have time to study/take another biology test.

Our school didn't offer any SAT II study courses on the basis that AP knowledge alone would suffice, which was enough, in my experience. If the OP takes AP Bio and looks over the last few chapters from Campbell Bio, he should be more than fine.

I'm a freshman and i took my first subject test in june and got a 750. i'm wondering if i should take it again since i was averaging a 780 on the practice tests.

I would not take it again.

Heck, I remember scoring in them mid-600s on that test and in the end it did not make much of a difference.

Our school didn't offer any SAT II study courses on the basis that AP knowledge alone would suffice, which was enough, in my experience. If the OP takes AP Bio and looks over the last few chapters from Campbell Bio, he should be more than fine.

I don't disagree about the latter, but why the hell would the OP need to retake? He got a 750, which is a perfectly fine score. I haven't heard anything about schools not taking scores that are 2 years old. My point was that many students took Bio E in their freshman year and used them in their college applications three years later.

I don't disagree about the latter, but why the hell would the OP need to retake? He got a 750, which is a perfectly fine score. I haven't heard anything about schools not taking scores that are 2 years old. My point was that many students took Bio E in their freshman year and used them in their college applications three years later.

Or the OP can take AP Bio, get a firm grasp of the material and get a 800? Gives him a much better shot at top tier schools and shouldn't be that hard if he stays awake in AP Bio. Now, that's assuming that he wants to go to a top tier school. If not, he's fine but most people accepted to top tier schools usually score 780-800, imo.

I'm not disputing your point about using scores three years later. I'm only suggesting a choice that the OP can make if he wants to.