How good is Clinical Biochemistry Made Ridiculously Simple?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeedToStudy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone think this book is worth it?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone think this book is worth it?

Your choices are:
1) Rapid Review Biochemistry
2) Lippincott's Biochemistry - although most consider this WAY too much and more appropriate for coursework
3) Kaplan Biochemistry Lecture Notes + accompanying Kaplan videos

Pick one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your choices are:
1) Rapid Review Biochemistry
2) Lippincott's Biochemistry - although most consider this WAY too much and more appropriate for coursework
3) Kaplan Biochemistry Lecture Notes + accompanying Kaplan videos

Pick one.
What's your opinion of the other Kaplan lecture notes and videos?

I wasn't impressed with CMMRS, so I decided to go with Goljan's RR Biochem. It's a lot shorter than Lippincott which I think is more beneficial at this stage of the game.

I felt that Kaplan biochem was a waste of time. I bought the RR book too but I got bogged down in it...I used Lippincott's on and off with coursework during my first year. It was good but too much for board review.

FA was the best resource for me when I finally made myself sit down and focus on it.

I'll most likely stick with FA and add a little RR Biochem when I think I need it, like for storage diseases... :sick: That part of biochem made me hate M2 peds.

I do, but I don't use it that often. I have a friend that loves it and said the same thing you did for storage diseases. Some of those pictures are just so far out there that it seems like it would take more mental effort to remember the damn picasso picmonic picture than to just sit down and memorize FA. I'll give it a shot... couldn't hurt.

Reactions: 1 users
I only used it for like 5-6 items that I had trouble with. Maybe get a 1mo subscription or something and just do the cards you need.

Picmonic is ridiculous for understanding but once you understand something but get bogged down in details, it can be a nice crutch.

Reactions: 1 user
I only used it for like 5-6 items that I had trouble with. Maybe get a 1mo subscription or something and just do the cards you need.

Picmonic is ridiculous for understanding but once you understand something but get bogged down in details, it can be a nice crutch.

True. It might actually help me. Most of my problems stem from not remembering small details than understanding concepts.

Thanks

Reactions: 1 user