How hard is it to get into UCSF or UCLA ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csudental

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know UCLA need a high GPA and 22+DAT in each section same for EC's
UCSF is almost OOS and Unexpected about their decision and their choices for candidates

but both of them are public school and i don't want take a huge loan for dental school if i got accepted into private dental school

Can someone help me or guide and how to get into anyone of them especially people who got accepted last year.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are oos, just better not bother applying there.

If instate, ucla and ucsf are in and of itself hard to get in, but being oos makes it even more difficult to get in.

If instate, ucla and ucsf are in and of itself hard to get in, but being oos makes it even more difficult to get in.

The 2014 adea guide says that they interviewed 99 oos, and accepted 15. And they only had about 1000 applicant out of state. So 1 out of 10 shot to get an interview. Not horrible if say. I applied to ucsf, excited to see what happens.

Members don't see this ad :)

The above is a bad mentality.

Don't let the fact that UCLA only takes like 12 OOS discourage you from applying. That means 12 people OOS are gonna take those spots, so ask yourself, why not you? I am OOS and I got into UCLA knowing those odds so don't let anyone discourage you from doing so. A 1% chance from OOS is small but it's damn better than 0% chance. You never know what can happen.....assuming your stats are at least on par with the average listed above and maybe have some cool experiences to convey on your app.

Good luck

Reactions: 3 users
i know UCLA need a high GPA and 22+DAT in each section same for EC's
UCSF is almost OOS and Unexpected about their decision and their choices for candidates

but both of them are public school and i don't want take a huge loan for dental school if i got accepted into private dental school

Can someone help me or guide and how to get into anyone of them especially people who got accepted last year.

UCLA and UCSF are hard to get in even with a good GPA and DAT. Always apply to a few extra schools incase you don't get into your top picks.

The above is a bad mentality.

Don't let the fact that UCLA only takes like 12 OOS discourage you from applying. That means 12 people OOS are gonna take those spots, so ask yourself, why not you? I am OOS and I got into UCLA knowing those odds so don't let anyone discourage you from doing so. A 1% chance from OOS is small but it's damn better than 0% chance. You never know what can happen.....assuming your stats are at least on par with the average listed above and maybe have some cool experiences to convey on your app.

Good luck

you said it yourself... "as long as your stats are at least on part"
so even assuming that he does, his chance of getting in is pretty low.

you said it yourself... "as long as your stats are at least on part"
so even assuming that he does, his chance of getting in is pretty low.
I'm CA resident.

If you have gone to UCSF's impression's conference they just dont look at GPAs.... They are highly focused on your application as a whole. Most notably, I heard them say that your letters of rec have a huge impact.

Reactions: 1 users
If you have gone to UCSF's impression's conference they just dont look at GPAs.... They are highly focused on your application as a whole. Most notably, I heard them say that your letters of rec have a huge impact.

nope i'm planning to go this year do you know when is the conference for this year ?
i think it's usually in February !

My friend got in to UCSF with only a 2.8 GPA and 20 on her DAT.

I have a 3.4 undergrad, 4.0 masters and 22AA\TS. OOS: Interviewed at UCSF and very high # on Waitlist, and UCLA is silent. Apply early. Seriously.

My friend got in to UCSF with only a 2.8 GPA and 20 on her DAT.
What year did your friend get in?
Do you happen to have any of his/her other stats?
I'm hoping to get into one of the UCs but with my stats, I feel like it would take a real miracle!

I had a 4.o gpa and 21 AA 22 PAT, and did not get an interview at both schools. It was complete silence after I submitted my supplementals. I am also OOS.

Applying doesn't hurt. As OOS, I thought I'd never get into UCSF but I got an interview and waitlist (60 ish position). 3.5gpa. So try!

UCLA: complete silence