How hard is podiatry school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FRA

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been reading a lot of the threads about podiatry school, and I'm a little worried..i don't know if i can handle it. I'm a very hard working person but it usually takes me extra time to study something than all of my friends. I tend to go over the material for at least 3 times in order to remember the stuff on the exam??? do u think i'll be able to handle podiatry school (which has always been my passion)?

Members don't see this ad.

We don't know that. We can't tell you without knowing you or your study habits. But if you have been succesful in undergrad and do well on the MCAT i believe you will be fine. If it takes you extra time to learn something thats fine, as long as you learn it.

I've been reading a lot of the threads about podiatry school, and I'm a little worried..i don't know if i can handle it. I'm a very hard working person but it usually takes me extra time to study something than all of my friends. I tend to go over the material for at least 3 times in order to remember the stuff on the exam??? do u think i'll be able to handle podiatry school (which has always been my passion)?

Being realistic, you won't get the time to go over stuff 3x. I'm only saying that, undergrad is like a high school team vs an NFL team, when you get to any professional school. Also, why is pods your "passion"? Its kind of remote in the mind of many undergrads until something "sparks" the interest (often it is a feeling they can't get into other schools or that its "easier" which is totally untrue, according to anyone I've ever talked to).

So just really try to ascertain your abilities and maybe see a school psychologist for cognitive difficulties or the like, to give yourself a reasonable idea if you will be able to handle it BEFORE getting in and spending money and time stressing out. I wish you the best of luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
podie school is easy! And it helps that it is the most intersting doctor specialty, interesting things are easier to learn! Man, studying to be a nephrologist has gotta be HARD!!! :laugh:

podie school is easy! And it helps that it is the most intersting doctor specialty, interesting things are easier to learn! Man, studying to be a nephrologist has gotta be HARD!!! :laugh:

Just learn to clip a toenail or 2 and maybe do some filing and you'll be ok. The other 3.5+ years are just posing for pics with celebs that you will treat, since you will now have these hard earned skills. Also learning how to invest all this cash you'll make, comprises the remainder of the education. :thumbup:

Just learn to clip a toenail or 2 and maybe do some filing and you'll be ok. The other 3.5+ years are just posing for pics with celebs that you will treat, since you will now have these hard earned skills. Also learning how to invest all this cash you'll make, comprises the remainder of the education. :thumbup:

wow, i had no idea. sounds like fun :laugh: but a note to the OP, just remember the majority of pod schools are now integrated with medical school meaning you will sit side by side with med students, in the same classes, taking the same tests. i cant imagine it will be easy.

wow, i had no idea. sounds like fun :laugh: but a note to the OP, just remember the majority of pod schools are now integrated with medical school meaning you will sit side by side with med students, in the same classes, taking the same tests. i cant imagine it will be easy.

Not to split hairs, but only AzPod is like this really (1st 2 years). DMU follows the model and it is 1st year and one class 2nd year - pharm. Scholl has anatomy and two small credit courses with the MD students. Temple, Ohio, CSPM, Barry, and NYCPM - there is no integration with medical school students during basic sciences (on some rotations 3rd/4th year yes). Here, you are sitting next to DPM students during class.

Not sure about Western but if they were smart they will integrate the curriculum with the DO's.

Yeah but maybe you can be a veterinary pod too and clip animal toenails too. This way you can have a "multi-dimensional" practice and have a pig or sheep or horse, come into the room as you're dealing with another patient's toenails. Just trying to drum up some extra business for my new car. :laugh:

Yeah but maybe you can be a veterinary pod too and clip animal toenails too. This way you can have a "multi-dimensional" practice and have a pig or sheep or horse, come into the room as you're dealing with another patient's toenails. Just trying to drum up some extra business for my new car. :laugh:

New car? Shouldn't podiatrists walk?

New car? Shouldn't podiatrists walk?
Eh, I prefer to ride my horse. Saves gas, and his hooves have prescribed orthotics in them. :)

Eh, I prefer to ride my horse. Saves gas, and his hooves have prescribed orthotics in them. :)

You open up a practice and call it Stallion Podiatrics, you may very well find yourself in a Bugatti one day.

You open up a practice and call it Stallion Podiatrics, you may very well find yourself in a Bugatti one day.
Sounds good to me. I'll take care of thoroughbreds that are worth millions and maybe get a vet med degree after pods. You wanna join my practice? :D

Sounds good to me. I'll take care of thoroughbreds that are worth millions and maybe get a vet med degree after pods. You wanna join my practice? :D

Sure. I'll do physicals on Italian guys.

Hey this thread's only a mile or 2 off track. :rolleyes:

Glad to see we've scared off most students and so reduced our competition for residencies. ;)