How hard is the scoring for WREB?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

El Salvaje

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Friends and colleagues,

I am currently terrified that I failed the WREB. It was a series of fluke circumstances which have no actual bearing on my clinical skills ESPECIALLY endo where I perforated the anterior crown and basically need perfect scores everywhere else to pass. It IS possible that I passed but only depending on how stringent they are with the grading. To clarify my question, do you believe that graders are more inclined to give a 5 vs a 4 when it's a borderline decision or a 4 vs a 3? Are they trying to grade as hard as possible or will they cut me a break since it's general dentists and not endodontists grading these? If I was 1.12mm away from the apex as opposed to the 1mm or less needed for a 5 will they grade it 5 anyways as opposed to 4?

I think ever since the exam started I've woken up to nightmares about failing (hence why I'm writing this at 4:30am) and I can't take it anymore. I know it will be a few weeks until I get my score and I won't get piece of mind until that time but hopefully you all could share your experiences with the test.

Thank you

Savaje

Members don't see this ad.

They tell you a few weeks but really its usually less than one week until you get your score, so you should know soon. Anything else is just speculation, if you fail, you just take it again, it's not fun, but it doesn't ruin you.