How helpful is holding a job related to healthcare to Medical School Application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ayjaystudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to work for a Radiation Oncology Research Team at a at a Big University's Medical School, and I'll be doing some coding/documentation work . I won't be a researcher, but I'll be working directly under a doctor and the clinical trials team. I haven't accepted the job yet because of the slightly lower pay.

FYI, I'll also be taking my pre-req courses throughout the next 1.5 years while working full-time. Hence, I can see myself here for 1.5 years at least.

Would holding this job directly affect my medical school application (e.g., research hours or hospital hours)? Also, How beneficial is this for Medical School applications OR does this pretty much not affect it?

Members don't see this ad.

This is not a job related to healthcare. It's a job related to research and data analysis.

What's good is that it is a job.

Yeah. I guess, it ain't that much then. *sigh*

Members don't see this ad :)
This is not a job related to healthcare. It's a job related to research and data analysis.

What's good is that it is a job.

Would this count as clinical research at all?t