How in-depth is EK Bio in-class exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

winterwind_23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm replacing the EK Biology content review book with TPR Biology Review book in the SN2ed study schedule. It looks like the schedule asks us to do the "EK Bio In-class exam" after reviewing the biology chapter and doing the practice passages from TBR book. At the end of each chapter in TPR Biology Review, there are seven discrete questions and and one passage. I'm wondering what the "EK Bio In-class exam" entails. Is it much more than the 7 discretes + 1 passage that is in TPR?

I'm wondering about this because for Chemistry and Physics, the SN2ed schedule has the EK 1001s for additional practice, but for Biology, it's just "EK Bio In-class exam." Curious how much practice the "EK Bio In-class exam" is. How many discretes and passages?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm replacing the EK Biology content review book with TPR Biology Review book in the SN2ed study schedule. It looks like the schedule asks us to do the "EK Bio In-class exam" after reviewing the biology chapter and doing the practice passages from TBR book. At the end of each chapter in TPR Biology Review, there are seven discrete questions and and one passage. I'm wondering what the "EK Bio In-class exam" entails. Is it much more than the 7 discretes + 1 passage that is in TPR?

I'm wondering about this because for Chemistry and Physics, the SN2ed schedule has the EK 1001s for additional practice, but for Biology, it's just "EK Bio In-class exam." Curious how much practice the "EK Bio In-class exam" is. How many discretes and passages?
They are usually 3 passages plus 3-5 discretes...23 questions in all exams. They are on par with the MCAT IMO. They don't recommend the bio 1001 and the organic as well because they are too easy and not representative of the actual test.

They are usually 3 passages plus 3-5 discretes...23 questions in all exams. They are on par with the MCAT IMO. They don't recommend the bio 1001 and the organic as well because they are too easy and not representative of the actual test.

Really?
I took the test a few months ago, and I have to tell you, EK bio passages are really different. They require too many details to recall. I barely recalled any facts for my exam.

TPRH science workbook is the closest.

Really?
I took the test a few months ago, and I have to tell you, EK bio passages are really different. They require too many details to recall. I barely recalled any facts for my exam.

TPRH science workbook is the closest.
You are right that TPRH is better and closer to the actual test, but EK 30 mins in-class exams are good practice IMO.

Members don't see this ad :)
30 minute exams are good practice. Some passages are too easy and some are hard, but I guess they put it in a mixed bag since their scale is pretty harsh.