How is job market in SoCal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redcabinet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's pretty saturated... But just how hard is it to find full time positions as a fresh out PharmD grad?

Members don't see this ad.

I know it's pretty saturated... But just how hard is it to find full time positions as a fresh out PharmD grad?

About 10% of the total traffic on SDN used to be an ongoing discussion about how bad the job market is for pharmacists in California. I think that it is so bad and depressing that people quit discussing it here. And by the time I finish typing this, another pharmacy school will have opened in your area.

Reactions: 1 users
About 10% of the total traffic on SDN used to be an ongoing discussion about how bad the job market is for pharmacists in California. I think that it is so bad and depressing that people quit discussing it here. And by the time I finish typing this, another pharmacy school will have opened in your area.

its funny that you said that, Northstate COP in SoCal just got accredited! central california school of pharmacy is also admitting its first class fall 2014

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
to be honest, socal is NOT one of the most saturated areas in the country. believe me, i was able to get a job here but not my home state, where i interned and went to pharmacy school. i had no connections and no one i knew in california.
though i do foresee the future to be HORRIBLE in socal in terms of finding a job, as is everywhere in the US, as these pharmacy schools are popping out new grads

Reactions: 1 user
to be honest, socal is NOT one of the most saturated areas in the country. believe me, i was able to get a job here but not my home state, where i interned and went to pharmacy school. i had no connections and no one i knew in california.
though i do foresee the future to be HORRIBLE in socal in terms of finding a job, as is everywhere in the US, as these pharmacy schools are popping out new grads

What's your home state?
How do you like SoCal?

A good story.

Re: OP, your best bet is in opening a pharmacy school. The money is there

A good story.

Re: OP, your best bet is in opening a pharmacy school. The money is there

seriously, i wish i could. but then im not that corrupted that i wanna milk students money knowing that there are no jobs for them when they come out from those diploma mills

rxm's are gonna have to find excuses to fit in new pharmacists. but all i can see is interruption in workflow and inevitably a cut in major hours. what was these acpe organizations thinking