MD How is my school list? 3.83 GPA CA resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Garferies

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It is difficult to decide where to apply not knowing what your MCAT score will be. Some schools will average the 2 scores. Your list is good if your new MCAT is 30 or higher. Similar schools where you would be competitive are New York Medical College, Hofstra, Temple, GW, Western Michigan, Loyola, Commonwealth (PA), Rosalind Franklin and Tulane.

Members don't see this ad :)
Goro suggests

Albany
Creighton
Drexel
EVMS
Quinnipiac
MC of Wisconsin
Penn State
St. Louis
Rochester
VCU
Wake Forest
Oakland
Jefferson
UCD (only if MCAT is > 30 and you have a desire to serve the Central valley). Don't bother with UCR unless your from Socal.
New York Medical College
Temple,
GW,
Western Michigan,
Loyola,
Commonwealth (PA),
Rosalind Franklin
Tulane.
Rush
Drexel
U Miami
Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)
ANY DO program, starting with Western, Touro-CA, TUNCOM, both AZ schools, Western-OR, PacNW

May I ask why U Miami or Loma Linda? I heard that you have to be a 7th day Adventist to have a decent shot. Also, I am from Socal, and the secondaries for UCR have already been submitted. Thank you.
LLU does accept a minority of non-SDA students, you do need to embrace their mission, though. UCR is another mission-based school whose charter is to increase physicians serving in the inland empire. You need to be able to show that this particular part of SoCal is where you want to work.

The sage gyngyn has covered UCR and LLU; I think your numbers are in striking distance of UMiami.

May I ask why U Miami or Loma Linda? I heard that you have to be a 7th day Adventist to have a decent shot. Also, I am from Socal, and the secondaries for UCR have already been submitted. Thank you.