How is the reputation of Touro NY Pharmacy....? Does current students / grads have opinions..?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobdole112

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone... I am really thinking about going to Touro NY's Pharmacy School... But just wondering... what do you all think about touro ny's pharmacy progrm... Is it good at delivering a good quality education and helping students get jobs...?

Maybe more focused towards current students and grads... What is the consensus about touro pharmacy..? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

for the record I do not attend Touro NY's pharmacy school however, I did interview there a couple and accepted, but did not go.

their location is in harlem, NY. not the best neighborhood, would not feel safe walking around alone after dark, the school is located inside a building that looks like a jail, the interior of the school is pretty modern, but small. They have a 2+2 style program, all didactic courses in 2 years and then 2 years of rotation, which is very odd, especially after going thru pharmacy school myself, 3 years of schooling is a lot of work and many things to learn. cramming all that info into 2 years is a difficult task. Not sure why they need 2 years for rotations.

As far as the school's performance, the MPJE/NAPLEX publish scores of each school online, don't have the time to search it for you at this moment, but you can find it with a quick google search. Touro NY has a significantly lower first time pass rate for the MPJE/NAPLEX as compared to the US average or NY average. This gives you a great idea of how strong their faculty and teaching is.

My personal take would be to go to Touro if you must or have no other option, but go elsewhere if you can

Touro has to be the most discussed pharmacy school on this board.