How late are interviews offered?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

franklinthedog

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm grateful for the interviews I have, but would still like to hear from some schools.

How late are interviews offered? And, are they sometime offered last minute secondary to cancellations. I sense that people will start to cancel a lot of their interviews come mid-late december and january.

Anyone have insight on this?

Members don't see this ad.

Good question.

I would say that they are still going to offfer interviews. I cancelled 4 last week myself. Two schools have yet to contact me, one of these I'll be doing an away rotation with in January. So, I don't know if they are aware that I'll be there and are simly waiting it invite me, or if they don't like me or what- but the other school I have yet to hear from also downloaded all my stuff really late and isn't listed here as having invited any AMG's so, who knows.

Just writing in hopes that if enough of us ask nicely someone will tell us the answer. I will be fine w/ the interviews I have but the dream of California dies hard... :cry:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just writing in hopes that if enough of us ask nicely someone will tell us the answer. I will be fine w/ the interviews I have but the dream of California dies hard... :cry:

yes, well put. California dreaming.........on such a winter's day.

Depends on the individual programs. While all the programs involved in the Match have to follow the Match rules, some will finish up earlier, some later depending on the organization of the specific program.

I can't say generally, but I just got offered an interview at one of my top choices (not in CA). I had been thinking it was getting too late, but apparently not :)