How late/early do they send out SJSU REJECTIONS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

legrev

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent in my application the first week of October, and since they are rolling admissions, I assumed I would have heard back from them. I was imagining the process to be something like this :oops:pen my application; decide yes or no; send me a letter either saying accepted or rejected. But it's not quite like that.... I've heard of several people who have turned their apps in after mine that have gotten acceptance letters 2 weeks after submitting their apps.

My question is- to those of you who have applied to SJSU in the past (or this cycle) and have been rejected--- how long did it take them to send you the rejection letter? Did they wait months? or was it a quick thing?

I got accepted to CSUDH and it is a great program but SJSU is my top top choice, and I need to send in my confirmation to CSUDH by this Monday ( a week from today). I'm crossing my fingers that I hear SOMETHING by SJSU this week....

Members don't see this ad.

If I were you, I would contact them ASAP and let them know that you need to make a decision by Monday. Some schools are willing to work with students when it comes to admittance notices. Perhaps SJSU will be looking to make a final decision asap if they understand your urgency.

If I were you, I would contact them ASAP and let them know that you need to make a decision by Monday. Some schools are willing to work with students when it comes to admittance notices. Perhaps SJSU will be looking to make a final decision asap if they understand your urgency.

I called them today and they were very adamant about not giving me any information. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI I called SJSU graduate admissions today (not OT department because i have already called one too many times..) to check on the status of my application, and when she saw what department I was calling for, she said "No decisions have been made yet for the OT department so don't worry yet"

Which makes me really confused because I have heard of 2 people already getting accepted from the department-- so is the department sending out admissions without the university knowing? Anyone else get accepted besides the 2 I know of? Or any rejections sent out yet?

I don't think they send out rejection letters until they have filled all of the spots. Some people who get admitted early don't tell the department that they are definitely coming until the deadline and when someone turns down a seat then they offer it to the next person on their list. Speaking with others in my cohort, some people applied the first day they accepted applications and heard back the next week while some were placed on a waitlist. I personally applied in early February and heard back on 2/10. The department won't tell you this, but if you have an outstanding application then they are going to offer you admission ASAP and keep other applications under consideration, they hold out for outstanding applications even later in the process, so all of the early admits tend to have good grades, letters of rec, and personal statement.

Thanks for that insight FutureOT! I just called the grad assistant at the OT department today and gave my name, she said I should be hearing from them within the next week. I hope that it's good news

got my SJSU acceptance letter in the mail today! So excited :)