How late is too late to submit for verification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr. Beefy Lion

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the MCAT on June 20th and was planning to submit for verification before the end of June, is this too late or am I putting my self at a major disadvantage?

If it means anything both my science and cumulative gpa are 3.95
EC
-2 years of hospital volunteering (220hrs)
-2 semesters lab volunteer/research (350 hrs)
-tutoring high school students in science
-shadowing (40 hrs)
-intramural sports (we always lose)

-work seasonally as a camp counselor....idk if this matters, some people have told me it will look good but I'm not sure if that's inherently true

Also, how weak are my extra curriculars? Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Before the end of June is gucci

I've always said that the primary should be in by 4th of July. Given the hold up for verification, your MCAT scores and verified application should hit schools at the same time. If you begin pre-writing secondaries based on the prompts you'll find on this site, you should be able to turn those around quickly (48 hours) which will help you catch up to those who applied earlier but who sat on their secondaries.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I've always said that the primary should be in by 4th of July. Given the hold up for verification, your MCAT scores and verified application should hit schools at the same time. If you begin pre-writing secondaries based on the prompts you'll find on this site, you should be able to turn those around quickly (48 hours) which will help you catch up to those who applied earlier but who sat on their secondaries.
I appreciate the reply. So submitting for verification before June ends...then say 4 weeks for verification (hopefully not more), then submitting primary at the end of July would be fine provided I could get off my secondaries ASAP?

According to last years verification times on this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/amcas-verification-times-2014-2015.1082294/ (found more accurately in the spreadsheet) If you submit June 20th youll be verified around July 11th, if you submit June 31st youll be verified around July 23rd, so that's your range.

In both cases not terrible if you do a quick secondary turnaround you should be okay, because you can be fully complete at schools by the beginning/mid september.

Would you suggest using the time until June 20th to study for the MCAT or trying to have the application submitted by June 19th? I am halfway done with my personal statement, last piece of my application, but would it make a difference if I submitted June 20ish? (Last years verification time they were verified before scores were released, but two years ago they were not verified until the 26th, is this even that much of a difference?) (I am being neurotic aren't I)