How legit is the Kaplan free practice test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Milkman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find anything recent on this...

So today Kaplan came to my university and offered a free practice test.. not sure which one but it just said practice test 1. I scored a 33 on it (10,11,12) but am wondering how much, if any, correlation there is between this score and where I stand for a real MCAT. Before studying I got a 26 on AAMC #3, and now I am halfway through reviewing and got a 33 on this Kaplan one, but I'm not sure how to interpret it. Has anyone else taken these tests and an actual MCAT that can offer some correlation?

Members don't see this ad.

Couldn't find anything recent on this...

So today Kaplan came to my university and offered a free practice test.. not sure which one but it just said practice test 1. I scored a 33 on it (10,11,12) but am wondering how much, if any, correlation there is between this score and where I stand for a real MCAT. Before studying I got a 26 on AAMC #3, and now I am halfway through reviewing and got a 33 on this Kaplan one, but I'm not sure how to interpret it. Has anyone else taken these tests and an actual MCAT that can offer some correlation?

from what i've heard, kaplan exams are harder than the real deal, but the curve is also much more generous. i've heard stories of 38/52 getting 12+!

from what i've heard, kaplan exams are harder than the real deal, but the curve is also much more generous. i've heard stories of 38/52 getting 12+!

Bump... I don't know about this. I recently took the exam and I scored a 4 on VR. I scored 29/45 (64%) of the questions right. Does anyone else have any similar experiences with Kaplan's scale? I felt I did much better than a 4.

My friend got a 28/52 on a PS section on a FL and got a 9 or 10 on it. Kaplan seems to be generous

Members don't see this ad :)
I have taken 8-9 Kaplan FLs and I have to admit that they are really good practice wise but very useless when it comes to the scaling they give you, so just take them as extra practice materials and try to learn your weaknesses. GL

are the results it gives you broken down into content categories (ie say under physical sciences it splits it into physics and chemistry then further into stoichiometry & electrochemistry, etc)? or does it just say physical sciences: #/52?

are the results it gives you broken down into content categories (ie say under physical sciences it splits it into physics and chemistry then further into stoichiometry & electrochemistry, etc)? or does it just say physical sciences: #/52?

Broken down. But again due to the low number of questions in each category, its pretty much useless..

Kaplan, princeton, and gold standard each give one free FL btw...

perfect thanks. might as well do the practice tests just to build up speed. working on my physical sciences section the most but my problem is equally related to timing as it is to content.