How long can it take for an electronic letter to appear on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

electrophile1984

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My one of my LOR writers submitted my LOR electronically to AMCAS Monday morning and it still doesn't say 'received' yet. I know AMCAS says it should say 'received' within one business day, but can it take longer? Is it possible something went wrong in the submission process?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Mine took about a day or two. While this thread is here, I am going to hijack with my own LOR question:

So I generated an ID for a letter of rec, and then used that ID in Interfolio (where the letter lives) to deliver it to AMCAS. I realized that I had filled in the wrong address, so I deleted the letter, and generated a new one with all the same info except for the correct address. Then I used that new ID to send the same letter on a new Interfolio delivery to AMCAS. Now it is showing it as received, but I also have a note appearing at the top of the page that I have an unassigned letter, what is going on here?

Mine took about a day or two. While this thread is here, I am going to hijack with my own LOR question:

So I generated an ID for a letter of rec, and then used that ID in Interfolio (where the letter lives) to deliver it to AMCAS. I realized that I had filled in the wrong address, so I deleted the letter, and generated a new one with all the same info except for the correct address. Then I used that new ID to send the same letter on a new Interfolio delivery to AMCAS. Now it is showing it as received, but I also have a note appearing at the top of the page that I have an unassigned letter, what is going on here?
No one here can give you a solid answer for that. You will have to call AMCAS and get it sorted it out.