How long does it take for AMCAS to admit they received your transcript?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sara3426

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called my school and know it was sent on monday, but AMCAS has yet to list that they've gotten it. i'm not worried yet, but when should I be?

Members don't see this ad.

sara3426 said:
I called my school and know it was sent on monday, but AMCAS has yet to list that they've gotten it. i'm not worried yet, but when should I be?

Ummm. I showed that UCSB cashed my check about 10 days before AMCAS sent me an email saying they had my transcript. This was in April.

I think it depends on where your transcript is coming from, as well. AMCAS will send you an email when they have it. :thumbup:

yeah. i had confirmation from my school that it was sent on june 7th (wed). it appeared as received the following thursday.

Members don't see this ad :)
sara3426 said:

I had confirmation that my school sent it on June 13 and AMCAS did not verify that they received it until today, June 23.

should be about 10 days. 1 day for your school to do it, 2-3 days to actually deliver it, and then 5-6 days for AMCAS to finally go through that pile and dig up your transcript.

jackieMD2007 said:
Ummm. I showed that UCSB cashed my check about 10 days before AMCAS sent me an email saying they had my transcript. This was in April.

I think it depends on where your transcript is coming from, as well. AMCAS will send you an email when they have it. :thumbup:

you had to pay for your transcript :laugh: go uconn!

Robizzle said:
should be about 10 days. 1 day for your school to do it, 2-3 days to actually deliver it, and then 5-6 days for AMCAS to finally go through that pile and dig up your transcript.

how do they let you know that they've received your transcript? do you have to submit to amcas first?

Yea, my school said they mailed transcript on June 12th, and I have yet to receive confirmation :scared: Should I wait a few more days, or send it again :eek:

Requip said:
how do they let you know that they've received your transcript? do you have to submit to amcas first?

They send you an email that says your transcript has been recieved and the little pop-up box that has your application status will be updated to reflect the received transcript.

I was wondering that myself. TMDSAS has gotten a good majority of my transcripts (have several....ex-military, moved around alot). I just requested them on June 19th and 20th. TMDSAS shows them as received on 6/22 and 6/23. Puzzling :confused:

Is it possible that TMDSAS is receiving the transcripts electronically vs snail mail?

It's possible that your school is near their headquarters, so the snail mail gets there faster. My school is near DC, and amcas received my transcript the day after I requested it from my university. It took them about 3 days to email me saying that they received it.

Side question re: transcripts. I studied abroad this spring, and I haven't received a transcript yet for the semester. I've read on sdn that you can update individual schools later. Would you guys recommend doing this, or waiting a bit longer on my study abroad grades? Thanks.

It took two weeks for AMCAS to send me the receipt e-mail. I think they are gettng so many transripts and verification requests that everyone thing is backed up. If your school charges for transcripts to be sent out (mine does, it's totally annoying) then don't re-send yet, since it's a waste of money. Wait it out a little.

Yea, I'd assume that they are just backlogged at AMCAS. I called the other day and the only thing they told me was that after 10 business days, you should re-send the transcripts. It's been 9 for me, and I'm just going to wait another week and see what happens. :eek:

TIGIBedHead said:
Side question re: transcripts. I studied abroad this spring, and I haven't received a transcript yet for the semester. I've read on sdn that you can update individual schools later. Would you guys recommend doing this, or waiting a bit longer on my study abroad grades? Thanks.

I was in the same situation (though I really have no idea when my grades will be in and have heard that it may be months from now) and called AMCAS about it. The lady told me, in a tone that said "duh, idiot," to list the courses as current/future and then the grades wouldn't be required. My courses were pass/fail anyway, as far as my home university and AMCAS are concerned, so it didn't bother me that schools won't see my abroad grades. I don't know if this helps you at all.

This sucks, a full week since my transcripts were sent, and nothing. Now I have to wait an entire weekend and hope Monday will be the day :mad:

dimebag darrell said:
I was in the same situation (though I really have no idea when my grades will be in and have heard that it may be months from now) and called AMCAS about it. The lady told me, in a tone that said "duh, idiot," to list the courses as current/future and then the grades wouldn't be required. My courses were pass/fail anyway, as far as my home university and AMCAS are concerned, so it didn't bother me that schools won't see my abroad grades. I don't know if this helps you at all.

Hey, that kind of helps, thanks. My issue is that the credit hasn't been transferred to my home university yet.. All I have on my transcript is "off-campus study." The transcript with my grades from abroad will come from a different school in the U.S., and I will have letter grades. I can't list them as "current" courses since I don't know what the course numbers and titles will be- they have to be converted to correspond to courses offered at the school from which I'm getting the U.S. transcript. So I could just leave them off of amcas altogether, then send updates to schools individually.. or wait.

TIGIBedHead said:
Hey, that kind of helps, thanks. My issue is that the credit hasn't been transferred to my home university yet.. All I have on my transcript is "off-campus study." The transcript with my grades from abroad will come from a different school in the U.S., and I will have letter grades. I can't list them as "current" courses since I don't know what the course numbers and titles will be- they have to be converted to correspond to courses offered at the school from which I'm getting the U.S. transcript. So I could just leave them off of amcas altogether, then send updates to schools individually.. or wait.

My home university transcript currently shows the same thing that yours does. What I inferred from my conversation with a lady at AMCAS is that if the grades aren't going to come for a long time, and will basically hold up your application indefinitely, then you can list the courses as current/future and then not have to wait. I don't want to be the blind leading the blind, so perhaps you should talk to your premed advisor (though mine was no help on this) and the people at AMCAS (for sure).

Where did you study?

dimebag darrell said:
My home university transcript currently shows the same thing that yours does. What I inferred from my conversation with a lady at AMCAS is that if the grades aren't going to come for a long time, and will basically hold up your application indefinitely, then you can list the courses as current/future and then not have to wait. I don't want to be the blind leading the blind, so perhaps you should talk to your premed advisor (though mine was no help on this) and the people at AMCAS (for sure).

Where did you study?

Hey, I wouldn't know how to list the courses because they don't have English titles until I get the U.S. transcript. I'll definitely ask my pre-med advisor and check in with amcas. I'll post on here if I can get a more conclusive answer. Also, I PMed you with country of study.

Yea, i also haven't been confirmed of my transcripts being received yet. :scared: