How long does it take for LOR to get uploaded to ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cadet133

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My doctor says he uploaded the letter last week but It still shows as not uploaded on ERAS. I know it takes time for ERAS to be processed but shouldn't it appear as uploaded?

Members don't see this ad.

My doctor says he uploaded the letter last week but It still shows as not uploaded on ERAS. I know it takes time for ERAS to be processed but shouldn't it appear as uploaded?

my experience this year is that it should be uploaded in seconds and you will get a confirmation e-mail

It's uploaded instantly and you get a confirmation email, but it is not available in ERAS for approximately a week while they process it.

Source: I applied for fellowship last month. The system is the same.

It's uploaded instantly and you get a confirmation email, but it is not available in ERAS for approximately a week while they process it.

Source: I applied for fellowship last month. The system is the same.

I am curious....if your letter is uploaded on let's say Sept 14th, does that mean it still wouldn't be available in time for application submission?

I am curious....if your letter is uploaded on let's say Sept 14th, does that mean it still wouldn't be available in time for application submission?
Yes. It might be available in 2-3 days, or it might be available in a week... but it definitely won't be available to send to programs instantly.

my experience this year is that it should be uploaded in seconds and you will get a confirmation e-mail

Actually I don't think its completely true because for my first LOR that got uploaded, I didn't get that confirmation email till some hours later. The second LOR I had uploaded, I got it immediately.

Actually I don't think its completely true because for my first LOR that got uploaded, I didn't get that confirmation email till some hours later. The second LOR I had uploaded, I got it immediately.

Did you see your attending upload the letter? Because my attending said he would upload it asap - then I e-amiled him and said I didn't receive a confirmation. By "asap" my attending meant he would upload it a few hours later. But after he eventually uploaded it I received the confirmation immediately

So technically your attending could have said yeah i'll upload it now - but didn't really upload it until a few hours later

Anyways the moral of the story is that your confirmation should be received relatively immediately (within hours definitely less than a day)

Did you see your attending upload the letter? Because my attending said he would upload it asap - then I e-amiled him and said I didn't receive a confirmation. By "asap" my attending meant he would upload it a few hours later. But after he eventually uploaded it I received the confirmation immediately

So technically your attending could have said yeah i'll upload it now - but didn't really upload it until a few hours later

Anyways the moral of the story is that your confirmation should be received relatively immediately (within hours definitely less than a day)

I watched his secretary upload the letter. I didn't get the confirmation for several hours later lol. What I'm more concerned about is how long ECFMG is going to take to process the letters. My chairperson (head of the department) letter was processed the same day. I'm anxious about if the other letters will be ready in time for apps next week.